Hello from Italy!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Triad

Hello from Italy!

Post by Triad »

Hei! Just registered on this forum :beer:
I have a 1997 VTR with 43k km, bought it last march. Zero issues with it, just pure fun. Only had to replace the spark plugs in 1 year (4000km).
It's equipped with a WP shock and WP modified forks guts so the suspension setup is pretty good. Metzeler M5 tyres, LeoVince cans (a bit too quiet IMHO).

I'm actually not using it (got a 2003 KTM Duke) but every time I turn it on to keep the battery in good health, I can't really settle with the idea of selling it. :Ball Kick:
Anyway, we'll see. Insurance on both bikes would be too expensive so one of them must go, on the long distance.
Kev L

Re: Hello from Italy!

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate. Where are you in Italy?
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Triad

Post by Triad »

Thanks! I live in a small town close to Avellino (the place where the Sopranos came from). :Beer Popcorn:
:biggrin
Gotta say I've always loved supermotos but there's something in the 'Storm... it just looks and feels "solid" and reliable. What a great bike.
This is mine.

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Triad

Post by Triad »

Thanks!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks nice.

I run flat bars on my Storm these days and it is just like a very big supermoto :D
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum, I bet you have great roads and plenty of sunshine to enjoy them... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Triad

Post by Triad »

Yeah, I'm lucky 'cause I have lots of twisty roads 'round here and the tarmac is usually decent.
I was considering the idea of modifying the VTR to shave weight and make it easier to drive in very tight spots but... I must admit once you get the fairings off the headache starts :p
In that case looooots of questions: should I replace the clocks? What about the tail section? High or low bars? What to do with the water radiators? And so on.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

Welcome. That is a nice storm. Ive had newer some fuel injected bikes and I can never seem to let go of my vrt. Everytime I ride it I know I will never sell it.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
02 VTR1000f Red
Triad

Post by Triad »

It's got a great engine and the whole bike is forgiving in case you decide to ride without using 100% of the braincells :biggrin
I also owned a TL1000S... veeeeery nice look, awesome engine and huge fork but it was really hard to drive for me.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Triad wrote:It's got a great engine and the whole bike is forgiving in case you decide to ride without using 100% of the braincells :biggrin
:lol: :thumbup: I like the way you put that :)

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Your bike looks good, it surprising how different they look with bar-end mirrors, in a nice way,

Chris.
Triad

Post by Triad »

Yeah, I hated the look of "normal" mirrors. But I have a problem: the right bar seems to be too short and part of the throttle is exposed and goes over the bar. This means that for bar-end mirrors you must use spacers AND not overtighten or the bar will block the throttle. To make it short: I hate how the bars are made.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
macdee

Post by macdee »

hello and welcome to the club
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Triad

Post by Triad »

Just insured the old lady after 3 months on a KTM Duke 2 640. Pretty excited, to be honest! :beer: