Hello from West Wales

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
macdee

Re: Hello from West Wales

Post by macdee »

popularh14 wrote:
I'm not a storm expert by any means but I get the impression it's one of the least common colours? Those hideous vomit-yellow ones seem to be two-a-penny! :eek2
HERE HERE

and welcome to the club of the RED storm
you will be permitted to stay ,only and i mean only if you say nasty things about yellow storms
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard sir, absolute perfect colour choice! Ignore the half wits telling you otherwise :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

If you do come to the Welsh meet can you remember to bring a cover for your bike so we don't have to see that unmentionable colour 1st thing in the morning after a drink.... Might make us puke :sick: :lol: :lol: :wave:

Just kidding...... You don't need to bring a cover.......

You can park it at the other end of the camp site instead :D
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

popularh14 wrote:Bloody hell - what is this obsession with the colour of my bike?!!!

Sorry saintsman but my Storm would definitely be more at home on the other side of Stanley Park!! For those of you not familiar with the lovely city of Liverpool my bike is a very tasteful blue - sort of turquoisey I would describe it.

I'm not a storm expert by any means but I get the impression it's one of the least common colours? Those hideous vomit-yellow ones seem to be two-a-penny! :eek2
the yellow brotherhood has your card marked for that comment lol :Group Hug: :Gun1:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Welcome to the club mate. Teal is considered a member of the blue brotherhood, but not like a favoured blood brother, more of a below stairs, out of wedlock, servant girl knocked up by the master of the house sort of brother! :lol:
another member of the blue sisterhood then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
welcome to the forum buddy..... :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
baycat

Post by baycat »

popularh14 wrote:Hello everybody, just wanted to say hi. My name's Pete and I've got an immaculate Storm (boasting again) dating from Sept 2002. She's only got 11,000 dry miles on the clock though that is likely to change now I've moved to Wales! Interested to get some feedback, particularly on the dreaded cam chain tensioner but will do that in the appropriate section.

Cheers :beer:

Pete
welcome to the site Pete, this is a great forum. I have been a member for 2 months and have gained a wealth of knowledge from posts and helpful members
redpig

Post by redpig »

Pete, don't worry I'll bring a bike cover to the meet in case you turn up.
Cheers John
ook
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

agentpineapple wrote:
Kev L wrote:Welcome to the club mate. Teal is considered a member of the blue brotherhood, but not like a favoured blood brother, more of a below stairs, out of wedlock, servant girl knocked up by the master of the house sort of brother! :lol:
Can't PM you agentpineapple cos of lack of posts (may have to post 50 items of gubbins) but one of the boys suggested that you may have a left-hand switchgear assembly that you might be willing to exchange for beer tokens?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

popularh14 wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
Can't PM you agentpineapple cos of lack of posts (may have to post 50 items of gubbins) but one of the boys suggested that you may have a left-hand switchgear assembly that you might be willing to exchange for beer tokens?
sadly I've recently sold my spare lhs switchgear mate, try mac, i'll let him know that your looking for one.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Can't PM you agentpineapple cos of lack of posts (may have to post 50 items of gubbins) but one of the boys suggested that you may have a left-hand switchgear assembly that you might be willing to exchange for beer tokens?[/quote]
sadly I've recently sold my spare lhs switchgear mate, try mac, i'll let him know that your looking for one.... :thumbup:[/quote]

Ta muchly - which Mac would that be? AMCQ? Slightly pointless post but it's one closer to the magic 50!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 well known spares purveyor of quality, lightly used spares for Gentlemans steeds, or he flogs bits for Storms!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Thanks Kev

Just perused the dreaded fleabay and RHS are two a penny. Bloody typical!! :sad2
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

This any good -
Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162023485017

HONDA VTR 1000 FIRESTORM 1996-2000 LH SIDE SWITCH GEAR LIGHTS LAMP GENUINE USED
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
popularh14

Post by popularh14 »

Kev L wrote:This any good -
Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162023485017

HONDA VTR 1000 FIRESTORM 1996-2000 LH SIDE SWITCH GEAR LIGHTS LAMP GENUINE USED
How the hell did you find that? Mine's a 2002 model but it looks pretty similar.

Thanks!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I have a 2003 F3 and tried to fit an earlier LH switchgear a couple of years ago, as the F3 doesn't allow you to switch the lights off. It all went together ok, and allowed you to switch the lights on and off, but you lost the headlight flash facility. I decided to revert back, although I'm sure with a little electrical knowledge it could have been resolved, but I believe electrical systems are the work of the devil and should not be interfered with!!!!