Northern Irish newbie

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
jaysee#3

Northern Irish newbie

Post by jaysee#3 »

Hello fellow stormers,glad i have joined a great website for a great bike it seems very informative and helpful I have owned my Storm for 18 months now and simply love it, my only complaint would be that I don't get out on it enough partly due to the Northern Irish weather but also work are there any other Belfast/ NI bikers on here it would be good to meet up.As yet I have not changed my cam chain tensioners having spoken 2 Geoff kernahan my local fountain of knowledge he said if they ain't broke don't fix it and if they were that bad Honda would have recalled them, there is 18000 Miles online with good history what's your thoughts?
alanfjones1411

Re: Northern Irish newbie

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Change them before they do break.There are too many horror stories about broken cct's to ignore.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Greetings,
if they ain't broke don't fix
but if & when they do break your engine will need a great deal of fixing.... Fitting manual tensioners is a lot easier & cheaper than rebuilding the engine in the event of OEM auto CCT failure. Most offered bit of advice to Firetorm owners along with upgrading the R/R its like an initiation. :-)

*** Read Me for New Members *** > Bike Maintenance and Upgrades/Modifications > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 45#p304638
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Welcome .
Do the stopper mod at least. So when it lets go you won't bend valves or smash the piston to be on the safe side .
Or just live dangerously on a ticking time bomb !!

Take note as if you don't you'll get a lmao from me when it fails
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard! Leave the Ccts at your peril! They will let go 8O
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
redpig

Post by redpig »

Welcome, get them done asap
ook
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Welcome mate
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Welcome, if your unsure of how to proceed re the MCCT or the stopper mod there is loads of info here, plenty of help from the guys which will all come with a level of should one say gentle and informative encouragement. But don't worry we have all gone through it and come out the other side, and if I can do it anybody can, take plenty of time and it will all come together. ATB Richard.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Bout ye... geoff is the man he just sorted my storm out and i wouldnt bring mine to anybody else.... welcome to forum sir theres a few of us from ur part of the world on here.. wereabouts you from? im down near sunny carrick.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
baycat

Post by baycat »

jaysee#3 wrote:Hello fellow stormers,glad i have joined a great website for a great bike it seems very informative and helpful I have owned my Storm for 18 months now and simply love it, my only complaint would be that I don't get out on it enough partly due to the Northern Irish weather but also work are there any other Belfast/ NI bikers on here it would be good to meet up.As yet I have not changed my cam chain tensioners having spoken 2 Geoff kernahan my local fountain of knowledge he said if they ain't broke don't fix it and if they were that bad Honda would have recalled them, there is 18000 Miles online with good history what's your thoughts?
welcome to the club, regarding ccts listen to the wise men of this forum.