Hello from Sheffield

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Demonic69

Hello from Sheffield

Post by Demonic69 »

Though I'd introduce myself before I start asking questions, it won't be long :D

Been a long time biker but a first time Storm Trooper ( the one time you DON'T want to hit anything)
I went for one of the faster Yellow ones, though it has most of a spare set of fairings so might change to an even faster colour, suggestions welcomed.
Bought a reasonably cheap '97 for £900 with a spurious 37k on the clock. Runs pretty well though and already has manual CCTs. Bit rough around the edges, needs some minor rust sorting and a bit of a tidy but not bad overall, same goes for the bike.
Our lass discovered it likes to wheelie in 1st, was mocked by me for not realising it wasn't her old CBR6, then gloated when I crapped my pants with the front in the air like I just didn't care.
I've been after one for years but never found the right one when I had the money. Still don't have the money but she likes it so I get a pass.
Anyways, great forum and certainly one of the most complete workshop sections I've ever seen! I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers
Dean
bald_pig

Re: Hello from Sheffield

Post by bald_pig »

Welcome along, make sure to take a look in the workshop section and make sure the weak points are sorted!

:wave:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome we're all a bit rusty and rough and that's not only round the edges.But we are a friendly bunch :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
adyf

Post by adyf »

Aye up ! Welcome to the best forum on the net , full of misfits and deviants and that's the sane one's, have you looked at the ride out section as we are having our annual Yorkshire run on the 20th of may or next Saturday if you prefer , you would be very welcome to join us , either all weekend or just Saturday's run it's a belter, ady in sunny selby N.yorkshire
Last edited by adyf on Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stepkevh

Post by Stepkevh »

Welcome and about a faster color... i suggest BLUE :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Imagination is only limited by your mind ~
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy

As the one from Selby says, it would be good to see you both at the meet on the 20th
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm going to Yarmouth on the 20th, bloody typical, and I can't even take the bike!
Sounds like it will be fun though, glad to see a fair few of you meet up, I miss that from my early forum days (BCF about 15 years ago!).

And Blue? What's blue and fast? The Sea? The Sky? I reckon blue must be the slowest colour there is :lol: :wink:

Cheers
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club mate
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome to the fastest colour club :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Demonic69 wrote:Thanks for the warm welcome.
I'm going to Yarmouth on the 20th, bloody typical, and I can't even take the bike!
Sounds like it will be fun though, glad to see a fair few of you meet up, I miss that from my early forum days (BCF about 15 years ago!).

And Blue? What's blue and fast? The Sea? The Sky? I reckon blue must be the slowest colour there is :lol: :wink:

Cheers

Firstly welcome to the forum mate. Great place to be.

Secondly.

That is the Bloodhound. Land speed record vehicle which will do approx 1000 miles per hour when its tried very soon.
It's predominantly BLUE. Little bit of orange to slow it down a tad as they don't want to go overboard.

Next time they want to break the record they'll get rid of the Orange as BLUE is by far the fastest colour.

I hope this assists you in your search for the best colour

;)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard mate :thumbup:

no further comments
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

Maybe blue and orange is the way to go, both together must make the fastest. Unless they were too scared to go "Full Orange". I'll buy some cheap rattle cans and perform some "tests"... :wink:
The Thrust SSC is black, black I can do! Blue only really belongs on cheap Suzukis... :twisted:
Maybe orange, I do likes me some orange. Though or lass will complain because it doesn't match her helmet, unless that's just an excuse for a new helmet. :shh:

Cheers all
redpig

Post by redpig »

Welcome mate, I too reside in Sheffield give us a shout if you fancy a run out sometime.
ook
Demonic69

Post by Demonic69 »

redpig wrote:Welcome mate, I too reside in Sheffield give us a shout if you fancy a run out sometime.
Sounds good pal, you can have a listen to the thumper and tell me if she's rough or that's just how they sound :biggrin

Cheers