Im the new guy from NI

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
j4weeson

Re: Im the new guy from NI

Post by j4weeson »

That's great thanks.

Had the bike out for a run this morning and I think everything works as it should. I do have one little niggle tho. I have convinced myself it's the front Cct but I'm not sure. Maybe it's just living in fear lol. Anyway it's strange as the noise comes and goes whenever it wants and to me it sounds like tapping or something loose then it would just simple disappear!

I've decided I need to either change to manual ones or buy new auto ones and do stopper mod before I go much further. Does your man Geoff source the tensioners or would I have to supply them?

I'm glad you guys are here to point me in the right direction :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

j4weeson wrote:That's great thanks.

Had the bike out for a run this morning and I think everything works as it should. I do have one little niggle tho. I have convinced myself it's the front Cct but I'm not sure. Maybe it's just living in fear lol. Anyway it's strange as the noise comes and goes whenever it wants and to me it sounds like tapping or something loose then it would just simple disappear!

I've decided I need to either change to manual ones or buy new auto ones and do stopper mod before I go much further. Does your man Geoff source the tensioners or would I have to supply them?

Get some from Bazza...he does converted std ones...Manual convert that is not a stopper mod...Had a few sets off him always fast shipping & good quality product...about £40 posted IIRC... I''ll drop him a msg to point him in your direction...Fitting is easy as long as you follow the directions in the Knowledgebase & take your time...

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=28583
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

Email me at bazza696@hotmail.com for further information.
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello and welcome to the club
told you not to but oh no you knew better
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome . Don't live in fear ,put the bear in the box and live happily ever after
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Heya :wave: welcome to the forums :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

j4weeson wrote:That's great thanks.

for the engines sake and your sanity lol.. id get them changed to manuals. i bought a set myself and got him to sort it for me after mine tried to escape outa my engine.. :eek2 ..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Yea I started pulling the bike apart the day. Had to call it a night when I tried to get the casing centre bolt out to get it timed up. It's currently sized in place so I'll have to take a chisel to get it out. I'll have to source another centre bolt as this one will probably come out looking like a mashed potato :x . Where did you get your manual ones from?
Last edited by j4weeson on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

you have PM sir..
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Cheers for the pm but unfortunately I'm not authorised to reply or something? Think I need 50 posts :lol:

I'll hopefully have this bike running again and will get a good run out before this good weather disappears
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

j4weeson wrote:Cheers for the pm but unfortunately I'm not authorised to reply or something? Think I need 50 posts :lol:

I'll hopefully have this bike running again and will get a good run out before this good weather disappears
ah right no problems.. check your pm again :thumbup:
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

finally got round to putting the bike back together after servicing and fitting the manual cct's. Will need to get a run out soon :thumbup:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard :wave:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

j4weeson wrote:finally got round to putting the bike back together after servicing and fitting the manual cct's. Will need to get a run out soon :thumbup:
Well done :thumbup:

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

j4weeson wrote:finally got round to putting the bike back together after servicing and fitting the manual cct's. Will need to get a run out soon :thumbup:
happy days. just give me a shout, me and two other idiots are out most weekends :thumbup: