Evening all, newbie signing in.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
r53bertyboo

Evening all, newbie signing in.

Post by r53bertyboo »

Hi Guys,

About to become the owner of a nice 1997 VTR at the weekend. It's been looked after very well by previous owners, but has the CCT issue currently so I have got it for a good price. I'm sure this site will become very useful once I get her home and start to have a proper look.

Cheers,

Bert
adewhitmarsh

Re: Evening all, newbie signing in.

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Hi, welcome to the form.if you need any help with manual ccts,just give me a shout.cheers Ade.
hallie

Post by hallie »

Welcome to the madhouse. Hope it's a red one............ Everyone round here knows it's the fastest colour :D
TIP; Never take a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night
http://morrisonbhp.net/
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbup: :wave: Is it the black one on ebay that the the owner says could be big ends ?
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

When you say it has the CCT issue do you mean it has a rattle, failed or simply needs changing. And to make things more clear Ade;s comment means he sells MCCT's. I don't think that is an offer to comes around and help fit them :lol: but I could be wrong :biggrin

Welcome to the forum. check out the link below for new members. Lots of info there to get you started. :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

adewhitmarsh wrote:Hi, welcome to the form.if you need any help with manual ccts,just give me a shout.cheers Ade.
Thanks I will bare you in mind ;)
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum :thumbup: :wave: Is it the black one on ebay that the the owner says could be big ends ?
No it was on eBay though but has a customer paint job in Repsol colours, current owner stated he was doing approx. 50mph and he heard a lot of top end noise. Now when turning the engine over he stated that you can hear what sounds like the valves train.
hallie wrote:Welcome to the madhouse. Hope it's a red one............ Everyone round here knows it's the fastest colour :D
Sorry it's not red, but I am sure it you would still approve.
cybercarl wrote:When you say it has the CCT issue do you mean it has a rattle, failed or simply needs changing. And to make things more clear Ade;s comment means he sells MCCT's. I don't think that is an offer to comes around and help fit them :lol: but I could be wrong :biggrin

Welcome to the forum. check out the link below for new members. Lots of info there to get you started. :beer:
I haven't heard the engine, but can only tell you what the current owner told me as I post above. Once I get it home, I will have a good look around and investigate further. That is a shame that Ade won't come and fix it for me 8O.

Thanks all
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome in...Let us know whereabouts your located & someone local may be able to help you out.

As far as...''That is a shame that Ade won't come and fix it for me ...''

He's only after your cash to sell you a set of manual CCT's...All the info he can give you is already up on this site in the 'workshop knowledge ' section...It's where he got it from... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Bert :beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
carmanbikes

Post by carmanbikes »

Hello and welcome, loads of help and advice on here I bought one with the same problem and people on the forum was great :thumbup:
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Plenty of help here, just one tip from me.....don't put diesel in it......they seem to go much better on pure petrol :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Richard wrote:Plenty of help here, just one tip from me.....don't put diesel in it......they seem to go much better on pure petrol :lol:
:lol:

Welcome aboard Bert :thumbup:

Which area are you from :?:

Chris.
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

Thanks guys for the warm welcome,

Originally I class myself as a Wiganer, but now I live in Herefordshire amongst the cider apples :beer:
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hi & welcome Bert.

Lets see some pickies, we all love pickies :thumbup:
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

Varastorm wrote:Hi & welcome Bert.

Lets see some pickies, we all love pickies :thumbup:
I'll get some tomorrow to put up, I've had to re-arrange collection until tomorrow morning. :(