Evening all, newbie signing in.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Watty

Re: Evening all, newbie signing in.

Post by Watty »

adewhitmarsh wrote:Hi, welcome to the form.if you need any help with manual ccts,just give me a shout.cheers Ade.
:lol: :lol: You crack me up fella! Only time you appear is for a potential sale :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

Didn't know members are monitored on what they do & say.watty
Watty

Post by Watty »

adewhitmarsh wrote:Didn't know members are monitored on what they do & say.watty
Member!! You are indeed :shifty:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I have helped various vtr owners on here & Facebook clubs with vtr problems,yet some members like to have a pop at me,but have never met me.yes I do sell manual ccts & have a lot of happy customers who sometimes needing help & advise on this problem.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

adewhitmarsh wrote:I have helped various vtr owners on here & Facebook clubs with vtr problems,yet some members like to have a pop at me,but have never met me.yes I do sell manual ccts & have a lot of happy customers who sometimes needing help & advise on this problem.
When the advice you give is...''I can sell you a set on manual CCT's...'' is the only advice you give it's why we get the hump with you Ade.

As said before you take no part in normal forum banter, well very, very little over the time you have been on here it's all about sell, sell, sell with you.

It's about respect at the end of the day...I & probably others on here have no respect for you due to the way you go about your business...

It is a business isn't it...does the tax man know ?

As for this quote...''Didn't know members are monitored on what they do & say.watty''

You must only moniter the forum looking for CCT post's 'coz thats what it appears to be & hence Wattys comment...''You crack me up fella! Only time you appear is for a potential sale...''

It's rather pathetic TBH... :roll:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

Okay so here are a few pictures of the bike. Just collected her this morning, but as its raining here then only work I will probably get to do on her will be charging the battery so I can see if it holds a charge. You'll notice that it has a Fireplace front end on it, which I have read is a good upgrade to have been done.

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nice & good to see the wings on the tank look correct... :lol:

When the rain stops enjoy... :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

It is a business isn't it...does the tax man know ?
Oh come on that's a bit of a low punch. I respect anyone that can beat the Tax man who are the biggest legalised robbing mugging b8stard on the planet. My only exception is big companies and large corporations who should pay and even the balance of the rich and poor divide. All of the rest of us should not have to go and do a hard days work for peanuts (the majority of the time minimum wage) only to have the government rob us of it while they sit on their fat arses pen pushing and drinking champagne at our expense.

Let the likes of Apple, Starbucks, BP, local supermarkets, banks and any other big companies etc pay for the NHS, roads, weapons and any other expenses that need to be put in the pot via corporation tax. To be quite frank with you the way things are set up right now, it's one rule for one (the gov) and another rule for the other (us slaves). The only reason these companies and corporations get away with it is because of back handers along with back door deals.
==============================Enter the Darkside
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

Ok so I managed to get to do some work on the bike this afternoon, stripped off the tank and carbs and I can see that the inlet valves on the front cylinder are bent as you look down the inlet :cry: :cry:

So I now am on the hunt for a decent used engine, anybody got one going for sale??
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

r53bertyboo wrote:Ok so I managed to get to do some work on the bike this afternoon, stripped off the tank and carbs and I can see that the inlet valves on the front cylinder are bent as you look down the inlet :cry: :cry:

So I now am on the hunt for a decent used engine, anybody got one going for sale??
Nah just repair it...Tony will be along in a mo to tell you how much...
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

MacV2 wrote:
r53bertyboo wrote:Ok so I managed to get to do some work on the bike this afternoon, stripped off the tank and carbs and I can see that the inlet valves on the front cylinder are bent as you look down the inlet :cry: :cry:

Great I look forward to his post, is it less expensive?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

r53bertyboo wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

Great I look forward to his post, is it less expensive?
That all depends on how much you can get a used motor for...

He did one for me, parts were about £200 his expertise about the same ...but it depends on what needs doing.
r53bertyboo

Post by r53bertyboo »

Sounds good, I'm pretty good with the spanners and have rebuilt car engines before so I'm not frightened of getting my hands dirty.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No need for complete engine only a front cylinder head you know is good. It's very easy to do a quick swap then, and only costs some time, new head gasket and coolant. It's a mornings work with Tea and fag breaks included. Lets hope you front exhaust header pipe flange is easy to remove and the nuts are not rusted and seized in place as this is where it can get expensive if things go drastically wrong. Nut splitter and heat are you friend here. The biggest problem is finding a good used front cylinder head which then only leaves removing the old head, replacing valves etc which in the end can work out more expensive and time consuming, especially if you need to purchase a valve spring compressor, but at least you know its all good then. As you will be removing the exhaust you may want to consider new exhaust gaskets and get a tube of hi temp silicone sealant too. While you at it fit some MCCT's or do the Stopper mod and also front vacuum take off for carb balancing. Oh yeh make sure that you can easily remove the centre generator cover cap at the crank as this will need replacing too if you end up having to take a centre punch and hammer to it.
==============================Enter the Darkside