A big hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Org

A big hello

Post by Org »

Hi I'm new here although ive been having a look around for a few days, been riding for 35 years on and off and I'm now on the lookout for my next bike as my Triumph Speed Triple was nicked 3 weeks ago and insurers have just settled, always fancied a Firestorm so I'm here to get the lowdown, any advice will be greatly received, thanks in advance.
Dickiebig

Re: A big hello

Post by Dickiebig »

Hello there, always plenty of help on here and I have to say the storm is addictive so look around and don't be afraid to ask. Far more knowledgeable people than me but they are always happy to help. D.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave: :thumbup: They do have one or two faults being auto cct's but change them to manual cct's which isn't too difficult if you follow the step by step guide on this forum.I done mine myself with hardly any mechanical knowledge.The reg/rec must also be changed unless you get a later model with fins to help it dissipate the heat generated.Get these sorted unless already done and you will have one of the most under rated bikes available.But be warned your modifications will not stop there once you see by this forum alone what can be done.The fellas on this forum are a friendly and very knowledgable bunch and will help you every step of the way.Get one and enjoy the marvellous soundtrack that only a big twin can give.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Hi & welcome to the forum :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Good choice of machine. They are great bikes, very reliable once the few common faults are fixed and really cheap and simple to maintain and work on yourself.

Welcome to the forum :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Welcome along! Haven't been riding the storm long myself but its been great so far! The guys on here are a great help and they guided me in the right direction to eradicate known problems :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Org
:beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir. you will love the storm. once its got nice cans on it :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Chris.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Hello mate, where are you, put your location in then we know who is local and can offer help. Great bikes, big, comfy and you'll have plenty of opportunity to chat up the bird in the petrol station! Hell of an engine, addictive as.
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!