New UK Firestorm owner and some questions, please!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
bazza696

Re: New UK Firestorm owner and some questions, please!

Post by bazza696 »

MacV2 wrote:
podman wrote:
MacV2 wrote:
Those risers will work ok...had a set meself & didn't think they made much of a difference. The Bars on the later bikes are one of the changes & they do make a difference...I have 4 Storms as I'm greedy 3xFs & one F2 the F2 is deff more wrist freindly on a long run...

As for the VFR bars any year that runs 41mm forks will fit...
Sorry one last q, do you have to make any mods/replace things like to control cables/brake hoses etc if I was to fit a set of F2 or VFR bars, its purely a simple bolt off and on job ?
With risers I just unbolted the splitter on the standard brake line where it bolted to the frame. With aftermarket lines that prob woudn't be an issue.

With the F2 bars no other mods required.

With the VFR bars never fitted them meself but may require other mods.

If you go the flat bar route, longer lines, exten hooter wires & poss fairing trim required...

Al can confirm what modifications are required for flat bars, as he has them fitted to his storm.
podman

Post by podman »

I did look at the flat bar route for my GSXR1000 as I loved it but came to the conclusion with cost of yoke, bar , new lines/hoses and cutting the fairing and/or screen, it was more cost effective to sell it and buy something better suited to the job in the first place.

Ive done some digging at it seems the 1994-1997 VFR750s had 41mm bars, so thats another good option, appreciate all the input gents.
popkat

Post by popkat »

With stock bars my Storm is probably about the same level of comfort as my GSXR1000**. I've fitted late model (F2) Storm handlebars and it's a really big difference, much more relaxed riding position, the bars are same height at the forks but different angle so the are higher at the ends, the small difference doesn't seem possible but it works very well.

I find the GSXR riding position good for everything except for prolonged town riding or going really slow, but that's not what it's for.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
podman

Post by podman »

popkat wrote:With stock bars my Storm is probably about the same level of comfort as my GSXR1000**. I've fitted late model (F2) Storm handlebars and it's a really big difference, much more relaxed riding position, the bars are same height at the forks but different angle so the are higher at the ends, the small difference doesn't seem possible but it works very well.

I find the GSXR riding position good for everything except for prolonged town riding or going really slow, but that's not what it's for.

I did have a K7 1000 and that was a comfy bike with adjustable pegs as well, very similar position to your K5 GSXR, all the later 1000s have a decent bar position but I have the first generation K1 GSXR and that has a much lower set of bars than any of then, which is the only reason im selling it and bought a FireStorm.

Ill keep you posted as to what set up I end up going for.Cheers
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome to the forum sir, you will find everything you need in here with these storm perverts :beer:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: