About Time

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
plumbob

About Time

Post by plumbob »

I have been a browser of this website for the last two and a half years and a member for about a year so I thought it was about time I introduced myself. Found Firestorm UK while looking for information on replacing CCTs , after buying a Firestorm for a bit of tour of Ireland in 2014. My Ducati Monster was proving too unreliable , and spending more time in the workshop than on the road.Carls excellent post gave me the confidence to attempt the job myself, even though I had never attempted anything that major on an engine before. Result, brilliant tour , and many thousands of miles later, still running perfectly, and Ducati still in workshop. I know most new members put up pictures of their bikes , but not sure if mines the right colour. You lot seem a bit prejudiced. Secondly, living in rural Wales I don't have a wheely bin to put in the shot. Thirdly and most importantly I don't know how to post a photo, not being that computer savy ( old age ). Regards Dave.
AMCQ46

Re: About Time

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome in, there is nothing to be scared of here... well apart from fueling your addiction to modifying your firestorm and talking crap to strangers.......... oh and people like Lloydie who might bother some of your woolly neighbours............ oh and most of the others arnt what you would call normal.

but other than that, this is a great place and you will be more than welcome unless your bike is blue :D
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome in Plumbob.

Ignor Al a Storms a Storm no matter what coulor unless ist Yeluk or Teal then your in trouble... :lol:

Posting pics is fairly straight forward have a read through this...

http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31205

See even I can do it. These are all mine except I've pre sold the blue one & bought a Black one...

I'm under the Doctors for a bad case of Stormitus...Amongst other things... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello & welcome to the forum Dave.Like you i had never done any major engine work,but followed Carl's step by step instructions & done it.What a feeling of satisfaction when it fired up.Don't take too much into this colour thing as you'll be o.k. as long as it's red.We are a friendly bunch and the knowledge on this site is top notch & i'm sure you're aware help with your bike is always available via the forum. :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Dave. Speak to Flatliner for interesting stories of hibernating Ducati's!!
Glad you're enjoying the Storm mate. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

glad to hear that your joining in plumbob, try and post some pictures, regardless of colour we all like to be nosey.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Welcome to the madhouse Dave.......and if its RED of course its the right colour............ :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

turbo_billy wrote:Welcome to the madhouse Dave.......and if its RED of course its the right colour............ :lol:
...to set light to!
:wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Welcome in :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along Dave. :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello and welcome
told you not to but oh no you knew better
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

welcome to the club!, ex stormers are welcome too ( under some duress and pisstaking though) great forum
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

AMCQ46 wrote:welcome in, there is nothing to be scared of here... well apart from fueling your addiction to modifying your firestorm and talking crap to strangers.......... oh and people like Lloydie who might bother some of your woolly neighbours............ oh and most of the others arnt what you would call normal.

but other than that, this is a great place and you will be more than welcome unless your bike is blue :D
ain't that right :lol:

unless plumbob gets us straightened out and on the level 8O

welcome plumbob and where are you located
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Kev L wrote:
turbo_billy wrote:Welcome to the madhouse Dave.......and if its RED of course its the right colour............ :lol:
...to set light to!
:wave:
:Ball Kick: