Hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
ColonelHornet

Re: Hello

Post by ColonelHornet »

Apologies if I'm straying well away from the Welcome Inn.

I called the bloke about this black firestorm.

The good: it's completely standard, apart from screen. The good: MOT until June '17. New oil, filter and plugs. Tyres are pretty new Pirelli Diablos. New Yuasa battery.

The bad: chain and sprockets are original fitment, but still ok apparently. Rear brake pads probably need a change soon. The running issue wasn't terribly well described, it runs and rides, but makes a noise "like a dog with a cough" and sounds a bit wooly according to the MOT tester. Doesn't rattle.

Very much in two minds, one hand it could be a simple fix, on the other I still regard it as a risk, because the problem is not clear and could potentially cost me more than buying one trouble free.

He has someone going to see it tomorrow, if they buy it, then it's gone, if not I'd probably try to see it over the weekend.

Apologies if I'm over stepping the hello part..
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

No worries about where your posting.

Be suprised if it's still for sale after the first veiwing. It's worth much more than he's asking a bargain for someone.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
ColonelHornet

Post by ColonelHornet »

Yeah apparently a father and son went to see it (for the son) but walked away. The Dad said he'd buy it for himself, but wanted a bike that his son could just ride away on.

I'll let you all know what I hear.

Cheers