New to site

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
geeman22

New to site

Post by geeman22 »

Apparently I'm new to site but I have been here a while and got some very helpful information from u guys. I'm now finding myself in the predicament that my storm is no longer for this world and I'm needing to reach 50 posts just to talk to u guys who need or want parts I may have. Bear with me i will try not to write too much drivel but can't guarantee. Hope to chat to you guys soon
StormyRob

Re: New to site

Post by StormyRob »

What's wrong with the storm mate?
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as above.. cct fail or through a hedge?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

geeman22 wrote:I'm in the predicament that my storm is no longer for this world and I'm needing to reach 50 posts just to talk to u guys who need or want parts I may have.
First off: Hello, and welcome to de club. :thumbup: Sad news to hear that yer Storm is needing taken round the back and shot.

It's not all bad though regarding reaching the 50 posts - they can add up in no time at all with a bit of banter. Before you know it, the required amount can be obtained within a week if yer a busy chap on here! Obviously don't cheat by replying with just an icon of a smily face or thumbs up for the entire 50 posts! :lol:

It's a sad thing this 50 post rule, but that was not your fault! - It's been put there 'cos a few other newbies took advantage. They joined up, and banged straight into wanting discount parts from other members or just had the intentions of selling their wares with no inclination of getting involved with the group. Once they were happy and got what they wanted, they took off. :( That's not what this house of luncay is all about.

So, to save from future abuse, a few more rules were put in - the 50 post rule being one - in the hope that those who like the site will stay and chat / post pics and get involved - by that time, again, the required number won't even be thought about.

It's a shame to hear about yer VTR, but maybe it can be rescued? Or is it a total loss? Is it written off? Did the CCTs go kaboom? Is it a Teal one (if so, then the colour alone renders it a write off).

If you're planning stripping it, then by the time you get the 50 posts under yer belt, you could have a list made up ready to post.

But hopefully you'd still want to hang around after you reach that point? You might even want to get another Storm which has been sorted and just needs fuel and a good thrashing?

Have a trawl of the various sections - there's LOADS of stuff to pass a few comments on. We're all one big VTR family, and only a few of the members actually bite and leave teeth marks. (the rest are all past it and will just gum you to death)

Me? As you've seen, I don't use my teeth to kill. I despatch folk by the power of waffling. :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
geeman22

Post by geeman22 »

Thanks for that I will get posting I will be stripping it down as the front cct went chain snapped and the front head is ruined which are like gold dust so keep them peeled as soon as I reach my fifty I'll list the lot and I intend to remain as I really liked the storm
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

25k engine on eBay for £120
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Hello again.

Sorry about the bike and I'll be honest I'm in the same predicament over the 50 posts.

Hope you manage to find a buyer or a way of repairing the bike and see you in the forums :D