Whars the craic

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
rufs

Whars the craic

Post by rufs »

Howdy guys and gals.
Im jimmy from galway in ireland.
Bought a 98 firestorm ( a red one ;).) only last month and absutely love it !!!
MacV2

Re: Whars the craic

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome in...Normal place for a crack is the small end of the dog bone if the bearing is shagged...I have also seen a crack behind the starter motor & at various joins in the standard headers...Oh & the front peg hangers can crack as well, they don't crash very well...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello Jimmy welcome to the forum. There's a few members on here from the Emerald Isle. No doubt they'll be along soon with their words of wisdom. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Jimmy
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
rufs

Post by rufs »

Cheers y'all
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

MacV2 wrote:Welcome in...Normal place for a crack is the small end of the dog bone if the bearing is shagged...I have also seen a crack behind the starter motor & at various joins in the standard headers...Oh & the front peg hangers can crack as well, they don't crash very well...

you should know mac :lol: :lol:

welcome aboard rufs :thumbup: has your bike had all the "safety" mods done ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

rufs wrote:Im jimmy from galway in ireland.
Hey Jimmy. Welcome to the electronic Big House on the hill. The craics going nae too bad thanks. Never got the chance to cross over to Galway when I was over a few times. Main place when visiting was Doobehey (Garranard in Ballina). Just a few miles up from Castlebar. Nice part of the world, but the usual: bloody cold and the middle of nowhere!

Grand folk tho! :thumbup: Especially Richard o' Mara (the landlord) who drove all the way over here (TWICE!) in the van to help a mate move (and back again the same day for the ferry back) A scary ''beat the clock run''. :eek2

My Storm is a red 1999 one, so, you have chosen well! Had to laugh at Alan when he said there's a few members from the Emerald Isle, and they'll be along shortly with words of wisdom. HA! He's obviously never been to the West coast of Ireland before. :lol:

I mean...the Council boys in Castlebar wanted a new flag pole for the town, and they contacted a couple of Mayo boys for the quote.

The lads from Mayo turned up, looked at the flagpole, and said: ''we'll never get the tape measure that high!''. Tell ya what....lets take the pole down, lay it on the grass, and THEN measure it.

They proceeded to lay the pole down flat, and then got out the tape measure again.

''HANG ON a minute'' said the other. ''The Council wanted the height of the pole...not the length of it''. :roll:

:lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Welcome aboard jimmy!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Paultandy

Post by Paultandy »

Hello and welcome :thumbup:
:beer: I drink beer like my bike drinks petrol :beer:
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

Welcome Jimmy, my family are from Galway so have been acquainted with the place on & off, wanted to move back there with my Da a few years back
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along jimmy.. you have some cracking roads over that end of the island.. i also bought a red one from galway a few weeks ago. welcome to the club :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
rufs

Post by rufs »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
rufs wrote:Im jimmy from galway in ireland.
Hey Jimmy. Welcome to the electronic Big House on the hill. The craics going nae too bad thanks. Never got the chance to cross over to Galway when I was over a few times. Main place when visiting was Doobehey (Garranard in Ballina). Just a few miles up from Castlebar. Nice part of the world, but the usual: bloody cold and the middle of nowhere!

Grand folk tho! :thumbup: Especially Richard o' Mara (the landlord) who drove all the way over here (TWICE!) in the van to help a mate move (and back again the same day for the ferry back) A scary ''beat the clock run''. :eek2

My Storm is a red 1999 one, so, you have chosen well! Had to laugh at Alan when he said there's a few members from the Emerald Isle, and they'll be along shortly with words of wisdom. HA! He's obviously never been to the West coast of Ireland before. :lol:

I mean...the Council boys in Castlebar wanted a new flag pole for the town, and they contacted a couple of Mayo boys for the quote.

The lads from Mayo turned up, looked at the flagpole, and said: ''we'll never get the tape measure that high!''. Tell ya what....lets take the pole down, lay it on the grass, and THEN measure it.

They proceeded to lay the pole down flat, and then got out the tape measure again.

''HANG ON a minute'' said the other. ''The Council wanted the height of the pole...not the length of it''. :roll:

:lol:
Aaah, jokes about mayo lads ? I already like you haha
macdee

Post by macdee »

Hello and welcome to the club
Hope to be down your way this year to do another bit of the WAW
told you not to but oh no you knew better
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Welcome in...Normal place for a crack is the small end of the dog bone if the bearing is shagged...I have also seen a crack behind the starter motor & at various joins in the standard headers...Oh & the front peg hangers can crack as well, they don't crash very well...

you should know mac :lol: :lol:

welcome aboard rufs :thumbup: has your bike had all the "safety" mods done ??
Strangley in both my off's in recent time thats one of the bit's that hasn't been broken...Just going from what I've seen of others mishaps...Ner! :Tongue2:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...