Hello all, again!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Murv

Hello all, again!

Post by Murv »

Not really new, but sold my Firestorm nearly 2 Years ago now as I just don't get time to use it, not even for commuting.

2 Years is about as long as I usually go before the bug bites again, and it has. So, picking up my brand spanky new motorcycle on Saturday 8)
Sadly (and obviously) not a storm, but the first new vehicle I've ever bought in my whole life!

And, what is it I hear you cry?

An Enfield. Yup, an Enfield with a rip snorting 26 bhp and one cylinder short of a full deck.

I shall await the p1ss taking!
fabiostar

Re: Hello all, again!

Post by fabiostar »

welcome back. well get a few pictures up and lets see when you get it.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Welcom back Merv...

I take it this ones not Silver after your recent admission... :wink:

26bhp eh! Still if it really is crap you can always use it as a boat anchor... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Murv

Post by Murv »

Actually, it is Silver, or as close as I could get, anyway :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back Murv.......... which one did you get? the café racer and the scrambler look OK to me
AMcQ
Murv

Post by Murv »

Thanks all :thumbup:

It's just the cheapest one, the bullet 500 EFI.
I was looking around for a 2nd hand one, but this one came up, brand new (but a 2016 model) with 2 Year warranty for pretty much 2nd hand money.
Not even sure why I went for it really, not my thing at all, but there's just something very appealing about them!
I'm getting too old to be tearing around anyway, so time to give a slower pace of life a go.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

Hello Murv, again. Good stuff - engine, two wheels etc etc is what matters. I think a lot of us are at the 'built for comfort, not speed' stage :wink:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Welcome back Murv. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
baycat

Post by baycat »

welcome back murv, I prefer the 500 gt continental, but lets us know what you think of the bullet after you have broke her in.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hi again murv. :thumbup:

ive heard them enfields can give you the white finger !!

great to be back on 2 wheels again
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate, hope you're well. Oh dear your choice of bike reflects your choice of hobbies!
"How can I make my life even more miserable than it is staring blankly out into a grey, featureless lake waiting for some passing fish to ignore my bait? I know I'll buy a Royal Oil field!" Brilliant plan fella :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

Greeting's and welcome and a happy royal oilfield to you sir ..seriously they
are great machines all the way from the Punjab to you..get a nice curry and cool
Pint of Indian lager to celebrate .....oh goodness gracious me oh doctor I'm in trouble
Etc etc :beer: :wave:
Murv

Post by Murv »

Thanks all :lol:

Kev, that's brilliant mate, I relayed that to am ate of mine who had to pick himself up off the floor with laughing so hard!!

It gets better! Saturday is the day of reckoning when the new steed is collected, and on those hard, shiny new tyres I then need to nurse it back home (it has to be run-in at under 6mph for 300 Years or something silly) in the forecast torrential rain and storms.
Should have stuck to the bloody car!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Tell you what, you get the wheelieing and you'll have my respect!
There's a couple on my regular commute, wouldn't mind having one to take the risk off my license for a bit.
Leccy boot variant?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Murv

Post by Murv »

tony.mon wrote:Tell you what, you get the wheelieing and you'll have my respect!
There's a couple on my regular commute, wouldn't mind having one to take the risk off my license for a bit.
Leccy boot variant?
It's definitely possible!
Hitchcocks list all sorts of performace kit upgrades, if you're prepared to dig deep (it's all relative) then apparently a 150% power increase is within reach of the home fettler! Probably something to think about once the warranty has expired though...

Yes, this one is electric start, I don't know if they all are though. It does have a kickstart, but no ammeter which makes it harder to kick start (or so I've been told)
The new 2017 models all have ABS now, to being them inline with Euro compliance which seems plain wrong on so many levels.