Chosen a firestorm and picking up on saturday

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
fatfreddy000

Re: Chosen a firestorm and picking up on saturday

Post by fatfreddy000 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
tony.mon wrote:Get up there early and ride back via Al' s workshop day near Stratford on Avon and we'll give it a once over.
There's also a bbq, and from there it's only two and a bit hours home.
Good proposal Tony.

Freddy shout out if you are interested and I will pm you contact details
hi mate,
that sounds good to me, will make the ride a bit more of an interesting adventure..
just booked my train to get up to hexham about midday and i will aim to call in to stratford on avon on the way back south if thats still cool.
i will be taking it easy and stopping for lunch somewhere so i reckon could be down somewhere between 5 and 6.
is that too late?- what sort of time will the workshop day be happening.
if that sounds ok send me the contact deets/address and i'll see you there.
thanks again,
Mat.
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There'll still be one or two left but lots of people have to be home and back in the coffin before sundown.
Keep us updated and we can hang on.
Maybe one or two of the London boys can hang on to join you on the run down to the smoke..

Don't think there'll be much of the Barbie left though!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Freddy.
Workshop event is not in stratford, it's about 15 miles west towards Worcester.
I think by that time we will be having a ride out to make sure all the bikes are ok. But we might be going past stratford

I will send you my mobile number so you can call me on the day
AMcQ
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Freddy.
Workshop event is not in stratford, it's about 15 miles west towards Worcester.
I think by that time we will be having a ride out to make sure all the bikes are ok. But we might be going past stratford

I will send you my mobile number so you can call me on the day
hi again.
my plans have changed a little for saturday.
I'm still off to get the bike and bloody excited about it too but i have less time than i thought and also want to take the rare chance of calling in on an old friend on the way down.
realistically i wouldn't make the workshop day/BBQ until well after 6 so think i will have to miss it.
i really appreciate the invite and hope i can take you up on it at a later date- would be great to have a few VTR familiars have a look over her and give me some top tips etc..
dunno when this would be as i have a pretty full on calendar of fatherly duties and other nonsense but would be good to meet some of you sometime soon.
ta all,
mat.
“If all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.” Biologist Jonas Salk
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:Shame you're coming up on Saturday. I'm out and about that day.

Anyway, don't worry too much about the tank capacity. Just fill it up to the brim with the bike upright. Easiest sitting on it. You get at least another litre (or more) in the tank that way.

Have fun, bring sun glasses....
Hi again,
Quick question.
How many approx litres/miles are in the reserve if there even is one?
Thanks..
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:Shame you're coming up on Saturday. I'm out and about that day.

Anyway, don't worry too much about the tank capacity. Just fill it up to the brim with the bike upright. Easiest sitting on it. You get at least another litre (or more) in the tank that way.

Hi again,
Quick question.
Thanks..
For me, from the reserve light (RLOD) coming on to cough/splutter/stop is about 25 miles. But, as they say, YMMV.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:

Hi again,
Quick question.
Thanks..
For me, from the reserve light (RLOD) coming on to cough/splutter/stop is about 25 miles. But, as they say, YMMV.
Ash, so there's no reserve on the fuel tap, just a low fuel warning light..
Ok, I will have to have my wits about me or install a siren or something..
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fatfreddy000 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:
Hi again,
Quick question.
Thanks..
Ash, so there's no reserve on the fuel tap, just a low fuel warning light..
Ok, I will have to have my wits about me or install a siren or something..
Yes, no fuel tap (unless you want to lift the tank). The red light is fairly noticeable though. Be aware people seem to get very different ranges. I get between 110 to 120 before the red light. Some people quote 80 miles. Mind you, I always fill the bike upright, right to the brim.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Watty

Post by Watty »

Just a note on filling up! Be very careful of an overfill as this brings fuel starvation issues! ! I used to start thinking of filling stations around 80 miles!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fatfreddy000

Post by fatfreddy000 »

Nice one...
Loving this forum.
All the info and support i need at the touch of a button..
Big Ta!
Stevo Kifaru

Post by Stevo Kifaru »

I manage about 110 before the warning light comes on, but to be honest the vibes & the plank of a seat means you'll be wanting to get off for a rest before 110 miles. Unless you're a masochist of course....... :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Freddy :thumbup:
I hope all goes well on Saturday,

Chris.
Keef

Post by Keef »

fatfreddy000 wrote:Nice one...
Loving this forum.
Big Ta!
hi Freddy,fellow new member here,just bought a storm myself,unfortunately my post count isn't high enough to reply to your wanted add yet,but,I've got a rack that I've just taken of the new firengine (sorry,Firestorm)

(hope this is ok mods ?)

if you PM me,I can reply with details ?

cheers
Keef.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That vtr looks OK for the Money. Funky colour scheme so no worries about it getting nicked :lol: Argh man I'm wanting to get mine back on the road now with the Sunshine and all this inspiration. Only problem is because of work I wont get out much so keep putting off wasting MOT, Tax and Insurance money. FFS I need to find a job that requires riding to work. Mine looks more of a scrapper than that one until I get a respray. I'm half tempted to do a stripdown and rebuild actually after seeing the truck lining spray.

Have fun with the ride back down and take it easy but don't lug it, get to know the bike. You can cruise comfortably at 80 in lower gears. At least you wont have to worry about the tensioners. :thumbup: A bit of wrist ache may become apparent on such a long ride which may push you to go faster. The worst is the 50mph zones on dual carriageways :roll: They send me asleep.

Welcome to the forum :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Keef

Post by Keef »

Keef wrote:
fatfreddy000 wrote:Nice one...
Loving this forum.
Big Ta!
hi Freddy,fellow new member here,just bought a storm myself,unfortunately my post count isn't high enough to reply to your wanted add yet,but,I've got a rack that I've just taken of the new firengine (sorry,Firestorm)

(hope this is ok mods ?)

if you PM me,I can reply with details ?

cheers
Keef.

Hi Freddy, got your message,but can't reply as still below 50 posts ! if you could drop me an email addy,I could send you a pic.and details.
cheers
Keef.