Manual cam chain tensioners

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Solarboy

Re: Manual cam chain tensioners

Post by Solarboy »

MacV2 wrote:
Solarboy wrote:I want to do my ones and implement the infamous 'stopper mod' not had the guts yet! Thought I might wait for the colder months so if I F it up I haven't missed the summer. Image
The Accts as fitted may not wait till the colder months to go pop...best get it done before then...
I know your right Mac, but with 2 little ones and a demanding job it's finding the time to do it. They were changed 8 years ago 'apparently' for original ones which is no guarantee I know. As soon as I have the time I will get them done and prey to the 7 gods they hold till then Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I can pop over and lend you a hand

Get a pair of Bazza's or Kreiger's manuals and by the magic of a bacon sarnie they can be fitted in a few hours....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

You are very kind Wicky. Thank you very much. I had heard that bacon can have that effect on this forum, probably why I joined. won't be for a month or so mate but much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
j4weeson

Post by j4weeson »

Welcome along! You defo need to get rid of the standard CCT's. I got manual ones of a member here and I done mine in a few hours. Rear cam cover needs to come off but the front can stay on. I had no trouble doing it this way.
I have the standard CCT's for anyone wanting to do the stopper mod; one thing less to do after stripping your bike :thumbup: