Hello! New to forum. Sell VTR ownership to me!!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
mountaingoat

Re: Hello! New to forum. Sell VTR ownership to me!!

Post by mountaingoat »

It had been stood in a garage, so apart from the battery being on its last legs it was fine.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I only had one ride on a TL, but I was out on a good few runs with the lad who did own it and we were fairly well matched cross country on proper biking roads.
But when we did swap bikes neither of us were that taken with the others bike!, as the strengths and weaknesses were different.

from memory :
the TL had a more obvious step in the powerband where the VTR is famously smooth, so the TL felt madder, but the smooth VTR makes it much easier to go fast.. and the throttle control is way smother on the Honda with Carbs
The TL had a much stiffer feel to the frame and forks, and lower clip-ons, so again feels more sporty, but I could still ride the Honda much faster.
the Honda felt thiner and lighter than the TL, much easier to dominate
Noise wise - on race cans I couldn't say there was much difference to the quality of the sound.

so the Honda will feel softer, but you will be surprised how fast it will go down country roads with a few suspension mods.

try it, you will enjoy modding it and the difference in build quality will change your mind about Suzuki's for ever
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mountaingoat wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:55 pm It had been stood in a garage, so apart from the battery being on its last legs it was fine.
Definitely a bargain then :)

Chris.
mountaingoat

Post by mountaingoat »

Cheers AMC. You're right about the built quality issue, especially the wiring on the suzuki, it was shocking!

I loved the power band on the TL, as a 2-stroke fan. It was like an old LC but at 100mph faster!! It was really marked and would bring the front wheel up at up to 80mph if you weren't putting weight over the front.

I am still looking at all the TLs and VTRs on e-bay and scratching my head so i guess it depends whats around when im in a postion to buy. decisions decisions....
pete