Introduction

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Duffy1964

Re: Introduction

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice base for a project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

The way I’m looking at it, I can’t make it any worse. Runs sweet, sounds awesome. Not a buzz or rattle anywhere, she just ain’t pretty.
I tried to get a look at yours through the thread but none of the pictures were available.
Seen some beauts on line, some real inspiration out there.

Did see your clocks though, did you get that unit working? If so, where did you get it?
This above all, to thine own self be true
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Gareth :thumbup:

It sounds like you and your friends did your mate Todge proud over the last couple of years.

I'm looking forward to seeing how thing progress with this Streetfighter :thumbup:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Gandalf wrote:The way I’m looking at it, I can’t make it any worse. Runs sweet, sounds awesome. Not a buzz or rattle anywhere, she just ain’t pretty.
I tried to get a look at yours through the thread but none of the pictures were available.
Seen some beauts on line, some real inspiration out there.

Did see your clocks though, did you get that unit working? If so, where did you get it?
Clocks not sorted yet will have another go at the weekend old photos were on photobucket here’s how it is now ImageImageImage
I wanted a single rad at the front but have run out of skills and inspiration Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

The Ohlins Shock is a nice bonus, and some carbon engine case covers ... The rest of it needs shot blasted :lol:
AMcQ
Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Duffy that’s stunning work. That’s a high bar you’ve set.

AMCQ, ALL the carbon has gone, it looked awful and was fraying. And fortunately it was such a poor job of painting it’s coming off with wet and dry and polishing mops. Almost all gone but I gotta get back to work so progress will slow now.
This above all, to thine own self be true
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

Hello Gareth,

good on you for taking on the Broadsword challenge.

Have a look at the latest MadMax movie pics for inspiration. Lots of rat-fighter bike looks and given some of them are art style some of the look is easier to achieve.

I'm on a stock bike & have a rubbish spanner set so i'm no help to you.
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"