new to 4 stroke v twins heeelllooooo

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
tonyhys

new to 4 stroke v twins heeelllooooo

Post by tonyhys »

Hi I have been away from bikes for the last 18'ish years and back then I rode/competed on two strokes and small screamers, well new job is forty miles away (A road) in the middle of town so I thought I need a bike, but i'm not twenty anymore so something with 1 a low seat (5 5 in my boots) 2 a proper seat (wife and kids) 3 a descent size lump in it ( twisting the throttle and not being wear the issue is going to be in two seconds time is better than jumping on the breaks and prying) 4 toque not two and half thousand revs of power so i don't need to change gear thirty times a mile 5 a v twin (saw a Vincent black shadow at Castle Combe when I was about five and melted into a puddle) 6 cheep ( I still haven't got the cash for the Vincent)
So the VTR was a no brainier, I have picked up a scruffy 97 that has had the Manual CCT's fitted, new chain, sprockets and chush rubbers this weekend, she has some slightly nosy cans (not too loud but enough to not need a horn) and apart from me learning a) how to ride wit some serous engine breaking B) getting use to hir low speed toteryness she is everything I could hope for, lets hope the relationship lasts :D
kenmoore

Re: new to 4 stroke v twins heeelllooooo

Post by kenmoore »

Welcome and enjoy the ride.

These engines perform best between 3500 - 7000 Rpm. Don't lug the engine as it can cause premature wear to the crank.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along to the world of twins :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave: :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Sounds to me like the Storm ticks all the box's for you. Come on then,,,,lets see some pics, let us give it the once over. How much was the VIncent Shadow? Now I'm guessing that was an absolute fortune.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club matey. Enjoy your new toy
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tonyhys

Post by tonyhys »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:21 pm Sounds to me like the Storm ticks all the box's for you. Come on then,,,,lets see some pics, let us give it the once over. How much was the VIncent Shadow? Now I'm guessing that was an absolute fortune.
a shadow will set you back about 75,000 - 90,000 depending on the frame number, (not just how early but who built it and bought it)
as for picks yerrrr I rely should take some.
On a different note, whats the deal with the Renntec Sports Rack, Ie can it be used to fix a top box ? she already has their grab rail and it seems pretty good but I think some hard storage for my lid at work would be good.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Welcome and enjoy the grunt
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

hats the deal with the Renntec Sports Rack
That's an option. As you have the grab rail it would be a simple swap from rail to rack as you will already have the mounting bars inside the rear of the subframe. It a simpe bolt on jobbie. I would't want to put too much weight on them though. If you wanted something more for touring then some have mounted a givi rack, but the Renntec is pefect for a small box to keep your lid in.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Lockable tank box...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Tony :thumbup:

Chris.
baycat

Post by baycat »

welcome to the forum you will get use to keeping the revs up at slow speeds, not the best town bike but your gonna love the grunt.
tonyhys

Post by tonyhys »

well as an update on Friday she blue an oil line on my way to work in the rain I thought the road was greasy turns out she was dumping hir life blood on to the back tier :roll: So forty miles plus of riding at minimum revs and stopping every five mints to check the level/add more oil to pour on the road, new line and O rings ordered and should be back and running tomorrow.
Whats annoying is I was planing on replacing the lines and possibly the rad but at a later date and at my convenience but now i'm spending money set aside for other jobs :x
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that is bad luck in the extreme ... but sounds like you got some good luck too, the fact that you didn't slide off on your own oil and you didn't seize the engine with lack of oil ...

hope you get it fixed easily & not to expensive
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That could have been a lot worse. As Al (AMcQ46) said, you had some good luck there too,

Chris.