Another Hello

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
tony.mon

Re: Another Hello

Post by tony.mon »

nigelrb wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 am
sniffipn wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:26 pm looks clean and tidy nigel. what drew you to the vtr, with having a few fireblades?
I'm going to sound like a friggin' idiot, but I wanted a cheaper 'runabout' to save the mileage on my other bikes. (Those with the 'OCD factor' will understand me :) ). I first thought about a CBR600F, and then noticed that VTRs were much more affordable. I guess many on here will agree that they are good value.

I'd never had a V-twin before, and that was also appealing. Really liked the visual appeal of the SP1, but didn't want to spend that much, but with the joy I'm getting from this 'basic' model I sort of regret not going the whole hog.
SPs? They're a different bike, more track focussed and not as flexible as a storm on regular roads. Brilliant if you're going for it, though.
The SP2 has improved fuelling, and outs out around 133 BHP, so quite an increase over a Storm. They can still be improved, though- a slipper clutch is essential for track use, a system and brake improvements helps, and although they're under 200Kg as std, weight loss, especially from the front end, makes a noticeable difference- even just replacing all of the steel bolts for Ti makes a difference.
I use a 2- there's pics on here somewhere.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
daz350

Post by daz350 »

welcome to the forum you will get lots of advice on here
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

nigelrb wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:55 am
sniffipn wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:26 pm looks clean and tidy nigel. what drew you to the vtr, with having a few fireblades?
I'm going to sound like a friggin' idiot, but I wanted a cheaper 'runabout' to save the mileage on my other bikes. (Those with the 'OCD factor' will understand me :) ). I first thought about a CBR600F, and then noticed that VTRs were much more affordable. I guess many on here will agree that they are good value.

I'd never had a V-twin before, and that was also appealing. Really liked the visual appeal of the SP1, but didn't want to spend that much, but with the joy I'm getting from this 'basic' model I sort of regret not going the whole hog.
Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I would have loved and SP1 or SP2 as I don't do enough miles to warrant a second bike but they seem to be holding their money a lot better than the firestorms. Saying that since buying my firestorm I cant remember owning a bike that was so useable and comfortable even with clip ons.

The SP will just have to go on my bucket list for now.
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

is the Augusta your commuter now that you love VTRs

ha, ha, ha, ha

Let me know your thoughts on VTR thirst, it's a beast
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

exTRX850 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:14 pm
Let me know your thoughts on VTR thirst, it's a beast
I simply follow the general consensus that they're thirsty. With brimming it and riding mainly country (no commuting) I'm now getting 110 before the fuel light. Blades will do 150 - 160. No real issue as the enjoyment of the VTR balances the extra few quid of fuel! :thumbup: