Post by felix barrao »

Welcome to the forum, :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Dacen :thumbup:

I have to say your English is brilliant, better than some on here :lol:
A great introduction. Sorry to hear you had to sell your bike, I hope all goes well with your plan of getting another,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Like you Dacen,i also had to sell my bike because of financial problems.I am really happy that MacV2 bought it as i know it will be looked after (as long as he can stay on it :D ) .That is it in the first picture he posted with the Ducati front end.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:42 pm Like you Dacen,i also had to sell my bike because of financial problems.I am really happy that MacV2 bought it as i know it will be looked after (as long as he can stay on it :D ) .That is it in the first picture he posted with the Ducati front end.
Havent had a chance to fall off it yet...SORN... :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Welcome to the forum
Thought all russians are millionares πŸ˜‚
Plenty of banter and advice here πŸ˜‰
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

alanfjones1411, felix barrao, sirch345, gabi81, hello and thank you!
sirch345 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:34 pm I have to say your English is brilliant, better than some on here :lol:
Thank you for the compliment. :D My secret is simple: I try to always double-check everything I write. :lol:
gabi81 wrote: ↑Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:41 pm Thought all russians are millionares πŸ˜‚

Most of those who come to UK are. :) I don't even have the money to visit. :lol: Although visits to Birmingham and Brighton are on my near future must list.
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
gabi81

Post by gabi81 »

Brighton is ok but birmingham.....not a lot to see.. yorkshire is much better :beer:
Aha you know what it is black and yellow...black and yellow !!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Welcome my friend but be warned Yorkshire is popullated by strange people with short arms and long pockets........oh and it full of sheep. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

Hello and thank you, Richard. :D Dunno if you're actually called Richard, it autocorrects. :lol:
gabi81 wrote: ↑Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:28 pm Brighton is ok but birmingham.....not a lot to see.. yorkshire is much better :beer:
Richard wrote: ↑Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:30 pm Welcome my friend but be warned Yorkshire is popullated by strange people with short arms and long pockets........oh and it full of sheep. πŸ˜ƒ πŸ‘
I actually want to go to Birmingham for the Insomnia Gaming Festival and little else. :)

Since you're suggesting Yorkshire, I've got to check it out. :) Then again, if I'm going to do this, why not upgrade my driver's license to international and go on a full-blown holiday, cruise around UK a bit? Always wanted to do this on proper roads, and I've heard many good things about UK countryside twisties and straights. :)

Doubt I'll ever assemble the amount of money needed to ship my bike there, does anybody know if I can rent?
Now all that remains is just the matter of working hard for the next two years so I can afford a plane ticket, a place to stay, and a rental bike. :lol:
Also the right-hand driving will take some getting used to, I suspect. :D
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Well the uk is just a tiny bit smaller than Russia so you should be fine πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Just remember most of August, the UK main holiday month it will rain and rain and rain, oh and it might rain πŸ˜ƒ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Yes I am Richard. Short story never drink and post πŸ˜‚
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

Richard wrote: ↑Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:05 pm Well the uk is just a tiny bit smaller than Russia so you should be fine πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Just remember most of August, the UK main holiday month it will rain and rain and rain, oh and it might rain πŸ˜ƒ
Well, Saint Petersburg, the city where I live, is famous throughout Russia for its rainy weather. Actually, we are located on a unique longitude and latitude which makes us one of the rainiest places in the world. We have about 60 sunny days a year, so I suppose you can call me fully accustomed to rain. :D Also, I love it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Dacen wrote: ↑Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 pm

I actually want to go to Birmingham for the Insomnia Gaming Festival and little else. :)

Since you're suggesting Yorkshire, I've got to check it out. :) Then again, if I'm going to do this, why not upgrade my driver's license to international and go on a full-blown holiday, cruise around UK a bit? Always wanted to do this on proper roads, and I've heard many good things about UK countryside twisties and straights. :)

Doubt I'll ever assemble the amount of money needed to ship my bike there, does anybody know if I can rent?
Now all that remains is just the matter of working hard for the next two years so I can afford a plane ticket, a place to stay, and a rental bike. :lol:
Bike hire Uk...

https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=motorbi ... on=firefox

Places to stay ? well there are loads of cheap hotels, even more expensive hotels...Loads of B&B's (Bed & breakfast, room for thr night & breakfast in the price...Often in pubs which will do food in eve but extra cost...) Then if you are really serious & can sort dates out then Stormers all over the UK would probably offer you a sofa to crash on & then show you the local roads... I would but the A2 is a bit boring... :lol:

Lefthand driving...we ride on the L/H side of the road, yeah in a car you sit on the right to drive, on a bike it makes no difference you just have to stay on the left...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Dacen wrote: ↑Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Dacen.

Loads of good roads around the UK and I'm pretty sure there would be many folk who would be willing to show you around :thumbup:

Driving on the wrong side of the road isn't too hard to get used to, especially on a bike. Making sure you ride the speed limits in MPH and not KPH might be?

Good luck with your savings and hopefully you will be back on your bike of choice soon
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

Hello, bobbler, thank you!

MacV2 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 am Bike hire Uk...

https://www.ecosia.org/search?q=motorbi ... on=firefox
Oh, shoot, a 2000 pound deposit... On the second thought, maybe I'll just ship my bike there after all. :lol:

MacV2 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 am Then if you are really serious & can sort dates out then Stormers all over the UK would probably offer you a sofa to crash on & then show you the local roads...

That would be really great! Well, I guess we'll go back to this discussion in two years. :D

MacV2 wrote: ↑Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 am Lefthand driving...we ride on the L/H side of the road, yeah in a car you sit on the right to drive, on a bike it makes no difference you just have to stay on the left...

Yeah, sorry, messed up a bit. :) I've noticed my mistake but didn't want to edit...

bobbler wrote: ↑Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:25 pm Driving on the wrong side of the road isn't too hard to get used to, especially on a bike.
Well, as far as I can remember, Jeremy Clarkson was always referring to the left-hand driving as driving on the RIGHT side of the road. :lol: I thought Englishmen took pride in that.