Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Dacen

Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

Post by Dacen »

Hello, folks. Delighted to be here.

I write to you from the beautiful city of Saint Petersburg, located in Northwest Russia. Am I the first Russian here? :biggrin
(I probably have to say that I don't bite. :lol: I also try to stay away from politics as far as possible. I love everybody, so I trust there will be no issues. :) )

I have to say, it's so unbelievably awesome that VTR has an active forum dedicated to it, despite the fact that the model was discontinued more than a decade ago. And I have to say, out of all bikes, THAT bike deserves it.

I was seeking for a forum to satisfy my longing for social interaction and bike-related knowledge, but opted against the Superhawk forum, because we don't have many Superhawks here. 95% of VTRs in Russia are Firestorms. I understand that the difference is superficial - fuel tank, gauges, all that. But still. :)

Now to introductions. I'm 22 years old and I'm a former owner of an incredible '97 yellow Honda VTR1000F Firestorm. Had it last year. It was my third bike (eighth, if you count a bunch of scooters with various engine displacements), and it was the best damn bike I've ever owned. Named it Serena Ryder (hey, man's gotta name his mechanical possessions with a woman's name, or else how would he treat them properly? :lol: ). We've spent an amazing riding season together, but then I've fallen on hard times, and I had to sell the bike urgently for a fraction of what it was worth. It was a sad day, and it seems I won't be able to afford a bike at least until 2020. But, on the positive note, I'm going to work hard, and I'm going to buy another Firestorm by 2020. At least I hope so. Because they don't make them like this anymore.

In the meantime, I just want to hang out with like-minded VTR lovers and riders of this esteemed forum, and also stack up on knowledge about the model. I'm especially interested in visual aftermarket modifications, to make my future VTR even more beautiful, cool and special .

Attaching the photos of my previous Firestorm (it was not in extremely good condition when I bought it, please ignore the lack of the belly cowl and rear fender :lol: . Also the afwul-fitting aftermarket turning lights.).

Let's be friends? :)
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
MacV2

Re: Greetings from St. Petersburg, Russia

Post by MacV2 »

Привет :wave:

I do hope I havent said something rude... :lol: Blame the translation page if I have...

Welcome in, I can't confirm any other Russian Stormers on here but I could be wrong.

This is indeed a fine forum to be part of.

Shame your Stormless at the moment but onec bitten as they say I'm sure you will be back...

This is one of mine...Red633

Ducati front end, full Two Brothers Racing exhaust system, lightweight wheels ect ect.

The US Superhawk is basicaly the same bike just called the Superhawk as a marketing thing for the States. A few differences to decals & switch gear & they all come with the crap emisions stuff.

The different clocks you mentioned are a std thing across the range after the first upgrade the F2 version. 19ltr tank digital read out on the clocks with a fuel gauge, clock, temp & twin trip meters, in the UK these F2 also came with the emisions crap & Honda security system...

This is my F2...Nue Red

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

Thank you for the warm welcome, MacV2!

Oh god,two Firestorms! You are one lucky human. :D

When I mentioned gauges, I meant imperial and metric measurements. Aware of the digital dashboard both on Firestorm and Superhawk after 2001. :)

Beautiful belly pan on your Red633 Firestorm. Want one, gonna get one. Also I noticed clear taillight lens (is that LED?) and bigger brake discs on the front wheel. Exhaust is looking great. All in all, one beautiful bike.
The trick is not how much pain you feel but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Before anyone else pipes up I'v got 8 of the fekers !

The clear light on that one is actualy red bulbs not LED...

The disks are bigger as its a different front end Ducati 916.

The MacCave...

Dacen

Post by Dacen »

HOLY MOLY!

May I ask, what do you need eight VTRs for? :o
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

He's greedy :D
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Dacen wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:58 pm HOLY MOLY!

Good question & one often asked around here...

Why not is the answer...

Or 'coz I can...

Or, well I don't need 8 but I have 8 as I like them... :lol:
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Hi Dacen, and welcome.

Shame you had to sell, but I hope this forum inspires you to get back on a bike as soon as possible.

I am also a new member after recently buying a red 1999 Storm. Currently freshening it up!

Many enthusiast will have more than one bike, but I too was surprised at MacV2s eight Storms. For me, I like variety. Here's a few of mine:

kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

I have had over 40 bikes and the VTR is truely a great bike.

The beauty of them is that you can ride and mod at the same time. Every mod provides a measurable improvement. Not all good I'm afraid however, You can always put it back to how it was .

Unlike other bikes the VTR handles changes at all levels. It has taken me 6 years to get mine to where it is and whilst owning the VTR a few bikes have entered the Cave and left while the VTR stayed.( Longest I have ever owned a bike )

I find bikes a bit like Sheila's (Australian slang for women)'in so far as the first few times you ride them it's fun because it's different and then it becomes a chore.

The VTR is not like that and I am almost embarrassed to list the changes I have made ..

Welcome and I hope to see some pics of your VTR in 2020. :thumbup:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

nigelrb, kenmoore, thank you for the welcomes. :)

More than anything, I would love to own a couple of different bikes at the same time.
Unfortunately for me, I can't seem to manage to earn nearly enough. Maybe the First World salaries allow you guys to do it. :D Or maybe I'm just lazy and need to work harder. :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Dacen wrote:HOLY MOLY!

Welcome AboardImage
Don’t worry Dacen. He’s quite capable of falling off any of them and after does. That’s why he needs so manyImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:46 pm
Dacen wrote:HOLY MOLY!

Welcome AboardImage
Don’t worry Dacen. He’s quite capable of falling off any of them and after does. That’s why he needs so manyImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oi steady on Luke I've only been falling off one recently & thats yellow so It dont matter...

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome to the forum sir, good to see folk from any part of the world join us here... :clap: :clap: :clap: ..

have a good look about the forum and by all means join in. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Dacen

Post by Dacen »

Pete.L, fabiostar, thank you. It's really nice to feel welcome. :)
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

New members are always welcome Dacen :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN