Back from gone

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
trebs

Back from gone

Post by trebs »

Hi All,

I just found the forum again whilst Googling VTR stuff. It's been a long time!
In the mean time I'm working with a team, building electric super bikes. (don't boo and hiss)
The brand is Sarolea and the bike is the Manx7, we've been racing at the TT to develop the bike too.

Anyway, that aside, I still have Big Yellow. My 2002 VTR. Sadly, it's not been ridden a lot, work means I mostly need the car. However, I'm determined to use the bike more this year when I don't need to carry my work gear.

She's just back from a full service, cam chain tensioners, fluid renewal, brake overhaul, filters, dyno test, the works. All hooked up on the battery optimiser with the hope for less than timing rain or snow in the next week or so. Surprisingly, the dyno tests make the bike look as good as new, very pleased with that.

In the mean time I'm looking for a tidy way to mount the iPhone (for Waze GPS) So far the smartest solution that doesn't make the bike look like a wannabe Paris-Dakar rider is a RAM mount that slides into the centre nut of the top yolk. Anyone have experience with those?

I hope everyone still here is doing well too and still Storming.

Cheers,
Rob in Belgium.
AMCQ46

Re: Back from gone

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back

yes I used the RAM mount in the steering stem, it works great. I then added a RAM 3" extension and a waterproof phone case with a RAM ball mount ... perfect
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome back sir :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

i was passed by an electric TT bike that was doing some testing at a Cadwell Park track day. no boos or hisses from this corner
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome back in...

I've got a phone mount doo dah for sale...

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=42742

Shouldnt be too much to ship to Belgium... As long as you get in before Brexit shite kicks in.... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back Rob from Belgium :thumbup:

Chris.