Getting the beers in

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
DonVulpes

Getting the beers in

Post by DonVulpes »

Morning all, seeing as this is my first post I thought I thought I should stand a round, as is customary on most bike forums.

I'm not a Firestorm owner, but it's on a very short list of bikes I'm interested in purchasing in the coming few weeks/months.

Most of my riding has been on triples and IL4 ( Blackbird, SprintST, Speed Triple, Street Triple, GSX1400, Tiger 800, Tiger Explorer etc etc ) with only one recent twin ( Thruxton R ) to note. It makes me a twin newbie and a V-twin virgin.

From what I've read and watched on YouTube though, these bikes are a riot and can actually be ridden sedately if I want to commute/tour from time to time. Sounds like just the sort of bike I need and can be bought for buttons too, which is even better as my big spending days are well behind me.

Looking forward to getting ideas, tips and generally involved in the banter, while I search for the right bike. Cheers :beer:
AMCQ46

Re: Getting the beers in

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome

commute is not too much fun on the storm if it is inner city, if its more open then its agreat crack

Touring - tank range means you stop more often, but still doable

weekend fun - perfect

I have put flat bars on mine after and in my view it is now the perfect all rounder, and its a lot of bike for very little money
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Lots of help here.There is a forum members bike for sale on this site somewhere. :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Cheap fun, easy to modify, addictive, bikes.
Get one and see what all the fuss is about...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Don :thumbup:

As for touring, the later version of the Firestorm has a 19ltr fuel tank, whereas the early version has a 16ltr tank. IIRC the later version come on the market around 2002, but there were some of the earlier versions that only got registered then, so be careful if you want the bigger fuel tank version.

If you take a look on Ebay you can see the later bikes have different speedo pod's too,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along sir.. as a do everything bike for all you pay these days,they are hard to beat and the owners seem to be fanatics about then :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: