New to Forum

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
davebrannigan

Re: New to Forum

Post by davebrannigan »

Tool 1.jpg
Had a good look at the carbs on the weekend. I have 48 pilot jets and they were screwed in to 1.5 and 1.75T. A fair bit more than the "Basic settings" as advised on the forum. The carbs were also a bit imbalanced so I rectified that.

Took it for a run and still exactly the same - if not worse!

After reading of the troubles folk have had adjusting these and the fact that the adjusting tools have limited success I've now made my own tool and will attempt to follow the guide for tuning at fast idle. Fingers crossed. Pics of tool attached (maybe - not sure if I've done that right). If I'd had a lathe I'd have done a tidier job. It's on the list!

Attachments
Tool 3.jpg
Tool 2.jpg
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What brand of air filter is fitted? Aftermarket k&n always used to put a little hesitation into small throttle openings, especially around the 2.5-4K range. Also, your slow mixture jet settings are the same as what mine were from the factory.
If you have a std bike they should be fine but an aftermarket filter or exhaust will need a small adjustment.
I would recommend a 0.5mm washer to raise the needles if you have std jetting and an aftermarket pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
davebrannigan

Post by davebrannigan »

Everything is back to standard, filters and pipes.
I’m liking the concept that the choke needles aren’t seating properly and will look at that next. But not today...