Afternoon all

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Bennyboy

Afternoon all

Post by Bennyboy »

Afternoon all, I’ve been a storm owner for about 3 years now and I was using it as my daily up until about October last year, I’m now in the process of collecting a load of parts ready for the strip down and rebuild hopefully in time for summer.
MacV2

Re: Afternoon all

Post by MacV2 »

Welcome in, pull up a Storm & get the kettle on...

A location would be good so then we all know where to avoid you er I mean there may be someone local to help with parts ect...

What you after ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:08 pm Welcome in, pull up a Storm & get the kettle on...

A location would be good so then we all know where to avoid you er I mean there may be someone local to help with parts ect...

What you after ?
Thanks for the welcome, I’m based in Surrey.

When funds allow I’ll be purchasing some rear sets, swing arm brace some carbon goodies and whatever else I can think of 😬

I’ve already sorted new wheels which have been freshly powder coated, panels, rear light, exhausts, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder and levers.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome aboard Bennyboy. Shout up for anything you need, there’s invariably someone with the knowledge to help

:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

When funds allow I’ll be purchasing some rear sets, swing arm brace some carbon goodies and whatever else I can think of 😬

I’ve already sorted new wheels which have been freshly powder coated, panels, rear light, exhausts, brake master cylinder, clutch master cylinder and levers.
[/quote]

Welcome along.
Have you upgraded the brakes and suspension yet ?
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Dont forget the manual cct's :thumbup: :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Welcome Bennyboy Loads of help and advice here any photos of the Storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Thanks all, regards to the brakes and suspension Ive tracked down some adapters so I can fit radial calipers which is also on the list and I’ve seen there’s a shock for sale on the forum but can’t contact the person yet to see if it’s still available and for more info on it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Bennyboy :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing how your bike progresses with the work you have planned for it :thumbup:

You will need 50 posts to be able to use the Sales and Want's section, but please take note of the forum rules:-

11. Due to abuse of the Sales and Wants section by some previous new members, it is now mandatory that you have 50 posts before you are allowed to post in that section of the forum. Anybody trying to get around this by posting sales in the wrong place will have their posts deleted, try it a second time and their account will be deleted automatically. No questions asked. Also, posting trivial posts just to reach the 50 will also result in your account being deleted.

All the forum rules can be viewed here if you've not already found them:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19054

It may sound like a bit of hassle to gain 50 posts, but they are there for good reason.
With a little interaction with our forum members you'll soon get there. That gives us a chance to get to know you a little, and vice-versa in the mean while.

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Surrey...another southern softie then, not a million miles away...

The braced swingarm is not a stock part or even an aftermarket part, its a homebrew job...see here...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18972&hilit=braced+swingarm#p153524

As it happens I have ... viewtopic.php?f=38&t=42865

Also have a look at this...viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43086
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm Surrey...another southern softie then, not a million miles away...

The braced swingarm is not a stock part or even an aftermarket part, its a homebrew job...see here...

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18972&hilit=braced+swingarm#p153524

As it happens I have ... viewtopic.php?f=38&t=42865

Also have a look at this...viewtopic.php?f=14&t=43086
I know it’s not an off the shelf jobbie and luckily my brothers done a few before
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along bennyboy, enjoy the forum :clap: . parts and advice are easy got on here. get a few pictures up and lets be having a look. as was mentioned get the mcct or stopper mods fitted or it could all end in tears :shifty:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: