Hi from East Herts

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
JazzmasterJ

Re: Hi from East Herts

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Tapatalk works well cheers Kev! I’ll post some piccies of my beast (motorcycle!) once I get 10 minutes without being surrounded by kids. (Happy chaos)

Quick question to chuck out into the hive mind - didn’t see it necessary to start a new thread somewhere but tell me if I’m out of line. I keep my bikes outside. It’s not ideal but I’ve managed to keep them in good nick with regular cleaning so far. I’m looking into a ‘ride hide’ or something similar:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3785643293

Anyone got experience with these? Any particular ones I should look out for or were they all created equal?

Ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Haven’t got a recommendation as to manufacturer, but they come up on Gumtree quite often and are normally quite cheap. Worth keeping an eye out.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Jon :thumbup:

I can't offer any advice on the motorcycle shelter, although I think "Agentpineapple" had one,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 pm Welcome aboard Jon :thumbup:

I can't offer any advice on the motorcycle shelter, although I think "Agentpineapple" had one,

Chris.
He did- I sold it to him...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:28 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:00 pm Welcome aboard Jon :thumbup:

Chris.
He did- I sold it to him...
:lol: a lot of help your are for the O/P's question :eh:

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Looking at feedback on ebay for the fold up M/C shed

"Good size tanning tent ❤️"

Must be Marty's review! ;-)

Amazon reviews for the 'Ride Hide' are a bit more comprehensive >

edit weird things are happening with displaying links etc

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ridehide-Breathable-Motorcycle-Non-contact-protection/dp/B01M6DSEFJ
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Dunno what I can add, really.
I bought a secondhand one, can't remember the make, I was going to use it on the drive to cover a bike up- the storm, probably- but it seemed easier to use a throwover cover, so I sold it to AP.
They are slightly more secure than a cover, because you can chain them down or bolt to ground anchors, but they are still defeated by a knife and bolt cutters. Better than nothing, but not as good as a secure garage with security and a surprise shotgun cartridge sneakily hidden inside.....

I generally work on the principle that rain washes the dirt off, saving me the faff of cleaning it, but I am aware that others are more conscientious (and less lazy).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Cheers for the responses all! The reviews for a few different brands now seem to be overwhelmingly negative. I’ll probably just stick to what I know and invest in another decent throw over (current one is stuffed) and maybe install a ground anchor to my driveway. I feel more incentivised to clean the Storm anyway!

I really like the surprise shotgun shell idea though...

My kingdom for a garage.

Jon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk