Back again - in YELLOW

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
nigelrb

Back again - in YELLOW

Post by nigelrb »

Was last on here with a red 1999 VTR in about November last year. Sold it to buy an SP-1 and deal fell through. Subsequently bought 2007 aprilia RSV1000R Factory but got the urge to trade it for a 954 Fireblade.

Now done the full circle and picked up a well-priced 1997 on eBay. I know I'll be sent into the corner with the 'yellow' guys, but I don't mind yellow at all - I actually prefer it.

Bike will remain standard, although I might find a hugger for it. Already has 'ETL' manual CCT. Bike was originally a Loughborough bike, just in case the owner's on here.

Will make the mandatory 'bin' shots next time. :D

fabiostar

Re: Back again - in YELLOW

Post by fabiostar »

welcome back again, looks a decent bike :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome back :thumbup:

I agree, it does look a tidy bike,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Welcome back . Nothing wrong with a yellow in in the dark :-)
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

lloydie wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:43 am Welcome back . Nothing wrong with a yellow in in the dark :-)
Cheers.

Ah, I knew it wouldn't take long! :wink:

On a Christmas cleaning spree. Might be a shallow objective for Christmas day, but hey, a man has to get his priorities in order! 8)
Gee1966

Post by Gee1966 »

I like yellow nige, can’t decide if I should make room for a firestorm?? I have the best VTR
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks a nice bike ... best colour :thumbup:
AMcQ
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:35 am looks a nice bike ... best colour :thumbup:
Yes, neighbour, I remember yours from my previous attendance.

Maybe I'll fit in better with a bin pic? :D

nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Gee1966 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:32 am I like yellow nige, can’t decide if I should make room for a firestorm?? I have the best VTR
Anyone can make room for a Firestorm. They are (arguably?) the cheapest and best value 1 litre bike available.

But don't be fooled into thinking you can just buy one as a 'winter hack' because it don't work. That Storm is gunna grab you and wrap you around its finger so much that you'll be worshipping the damn thing and preserving it in your man cave!! :biggrin :biggrin
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

nigelrb wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 pm . . . That Storm is gunna grab you and wrap you around its finger so much that you'll be worshipping the damn thing and preserving it in your man cave!! :biggrin :biggrin
Such prophetic words, and it turns out that I am a victim of my own prophecies :whatever .

The reintroduction to the Storm did grab me. I love these things. So much so that after less than 72 hours ownership I have sold it already - well, as a part exchange. A fellow member of this, and another Honda forum, sent me a link to a bike for sale. I replied that I was not in the market.

But I viewed that link and before long I was in awe of the pristine, very low mileage (4400) 2002 SP-2.

This gets delivered after New Year. Sorry to let you down my 'yellow' friends :wink: .

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yellow frenids ? We are not the bloody Simpsons ! hahaha

Altough some of the meet ups do get a bit comedic... :lol: :lol:

Winter hack ?

Check.

The fastest Yella Storm in history...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:27 pm Yellow frenids ? We are not the bloody Simpsons ! hahaha

Altough some of the meet ups do get a bit comedic... :lol: :lol:

Winter hack ?

Check.
I did get a bit down and dirty: :D

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

nigelrb wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:07 pm
nigelrb wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 pm . . . That Storm is gunna grab you and wrap you around its finger so much that you'll be worshipping the damn thing and preserving it in your man cave!! :biggrin :biggrin
Such prophetic words, and it turns out that I am a victim of my own prophecies :whatever .

The reintroduction to the Storm did grab me. I love these things. So much so that after less than 72 hours ownership I have sold it already - well, as a part exchange. A fellow member of this, and another Honda forum, sent me a link to a bike for sale. I replied that I was not in the market.

But I viewed that link and before long I was in awe of the pristine, very low mileage (4400) 2002 SP-2.

This gets delivered after New Year. Sorry to let you down my 'yellow' friends :wink: .

Wow that was a short ownership 8O

The SP2 looks good though 8)

Chris.

PS. Obviously you didn't like the colour yellow so much as you first thought :wink: :eh: :lol:
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:52 pm
PS. Obviously you didn't like the colour yellow so much as you first thought :wink: :eh: :lol:
I'm an extrovert and have always favoured yellow. Even had an Asian wife for a while :)

This truly was one of those right place at the right time situations and one I couldn't pass up. I even considered keeping the yellow as well, but I am pressed for space. I know bikes are very much an 'each to their own' relationship, but with owning 3 Blades with a 2020 SP on the way, the difference in these V-twins is astounding. The breadth of owners and followers of this forum is testament to that.

So all I've done is a quick turnaround 'upgrade', AND it will save me from entering into any OEM versus manual CCT debates!! :eek2 :wink:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

nigelrb wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:47 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:52 pm
I'm an extrovert and have always favoured yellow. Even had an Asian wife for a while :)

This truly was one of those right place at the right time situations and one I couldn't pass up. I even considered keeping the yellow as well, but I am pressed for space. I know bikes are very much an 'each to their own' relationship, but with owning 3 Blades with a 2020 SP on the way, the difference in these V-twins is astounding. The breadth of owners and followers of this forum is testament to that.

So all I've done is a quick turnaround 'upgrade', AND it will save me from entering into any OEM versus manual CCT debates!! :eek2 :wink:
That is a very good point :thumbup:
I like the idea of gear wheels turning the camshafts on your new bike 8)

It'll be interesting to hear what you think of the SP2 when the better weather is here,

Chris.