Hello from the other side

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Ace VenTRa

Hello from the other side

Post by Ace VenTRa »

Yank here,

I hail from Massachusetts. I'm a long time V owner and I post fairly regularly on Superhawkforum.

My V is a bit of a b8stard but a good one at that. I bought a used, abandoned 2005 Superhawk that I found on good ole craigslist one fine morning. After a bit of negotiating my wife would not accept the price of $500! I said to her, "What if I offer $250 and he says yes?" She agreed that in this implausible scenario I could indeed buy the bike. Her reluctance was well founded at this point in our life when I stop to consider that I then owned a Buell and an old KZ1100 and that in the prior year I had at least 2 other bikes to my name. Anyway, I apologized to the seller in an attempt to back out of the deal and he said, "Brian, please, come take this damned bike I just need it gone, I'll take 250." And so I became the proud new owner of a bike I'd never even heard of and I instantly fell in love. No keys, no title, no bill of sale, no nothing. Just a wad of cash and a beautiful Superhawk that hadn't ran in 5 years with no known history a spotty present and a somewhat (dodgy?) future.

Now normally I'd just slap a plate on and ride home but this time I actually paid for a tow truck (Lori?) to bring it home for me. Quite literally it took a jump start and about 2 minutes to get it running and man did it sound good. The Two Brothers low mounts roared to life and soon as I determined it wasn't leaking its fluids I had a Buell plate stuck on the back and off I went.

And I thought my Buell had nuts...Turns out a VTR with a 15t front and a 43t rear with pipes and a K&N is a thing to behold when the throttle is snapped open around 3k....WHOOOOOAAAAAA GIRL DOWN DOWN!! That's all I could think, instant grin from ear to ear and a woody hard enough to hunt with. I knew in that first mile that she was the one for me and so did my wife because shortly after I sold the KZ and the Buell. I had a brief interlude with a hot little Triumph but she got old quick...way too clingy but really hot...such is life, just me and the V.

We've been through a lot...broken CCT, frame swaps, big bore, cam swaps, you name it. If it can be done to a V, I've probably done it, and despite the scars I enjoy it all....and here she is:

Kev L

Re: Hello from the other side

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club. Nice looking Hawk/Storm :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Brian :thumbup:

Nice intro, it sounds like you did very well there :clap:

Chris.
Ace VenTRa

Post by Ace VenTRa »

Glad to be here thx
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ace VenTRa wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:15 pm We've been through a lot...broken CCT, frame swaps, big bore, cam swaps, you name it. If it can be done to a V, I've probably done it, and despite the scars I enjoy it all..
Welcome Aboard. Sounds like you had a lot of fun together. I'd be real interested to hear more about the big bore conversion :thumbup:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Ace VenTRa

Post by Ace VenTRa »

Thanks,

I think I'll start a new thread as it goes on for a while-- I also have a few questions that hopefully someone here has an answer to.

AV
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Hi, and welcome.