hello there

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Boghopper

hello there

Post by Boghopper »

Hello and thanks for letting me in :wave:

Greetings from the snowy hills of Monaghan, Ireland. I bought my 2001 VTR back in June 2020 as a French import with 35000 kms on the clock and have put about 1500kms on it since, mostly commuting to work as that's being the only way of getting a decent run during thr dreaded lock downs. I've had a few back road rides too and what a fantastic experience it is with the pipes booming and the engine feeling like it's not really trying, until you peek at the speedo!

It surprised me nicely the way my 58 year old bones feel snug but comfy on it. Knackering my gonads against the tank after power sliding down the super slippery seat following a little jump over small bridge in the sticks had me seeing stars :eek2. Modifying that instrument of torture will be a high priority now that I have the bike in the shed for a few months to clean it up and add a few bits and pieces to it.

Looking forward to having the craic with ye all, and who knows, when good times roll around again we might even get to meet up and chew the cud :beer:

Take care and stay safe :wave

Boghopper
20200928_163935.jpg
lloydie

Re: hello there

Post by lloydie »

Hello and welcome . Have a look in pimp section for spending your money :D
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Welcome to the nut house!

I had similar ball busting issues, but found tank grips really helped. Also It's quite easy to pop a small section of foam on the front part of the seat where it touches the tank, then recover it in something slightly grippier like alcantara.

Lovely looking bike

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

Jamie :wave:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome to the club. There is a good irish contingent on here, both North & South, and your not far from the border, so you wont be too hard pressed to find some local support.

another vote here for fitting stomp grips on the tank to help prevent ball tank interface problems......... although it doesn't work that well if you impact the back of a car at 10mph
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along boghopper nice looking bike... you arnt more than a few miles from a few of the ireland mafia on here :clap: :clap:

i have family in your county and just across the border :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and Welcome come to the forum :wave:
Last edited by alanfjones1411 on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club matey :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hello and welcome to someone from my namesake county.
No g in my surname, though, the ancestors bought the name by the letter and got the cheap version
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard :thumbup:

Nice photo, the bike looks good and a stunningl backdrop :clap:

Chris.