Firestorm Rebuild

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Wicky

Re: Firestorm Rebuild

Post by Wicky »

scottyhatchi wrote:that video really doesnt help me in the part i need wicky lol :? :? :?
http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/kn ... post251758
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like that video, very interesting. I was waiting to see the 3D printer printing and it didn't happen :lol:

On your panels, I think some Black coachlines around the outside of the White text and stuff will be an Improvement. It should blend it in more rather than looking like it's just been stuck on top. :thumbup:

CCT's always make sure your on the compression stroke for whichever cylinder your working on. I suggest you start with the rear. Have a read of these two thread with regards to cam timing marks and cam positions http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... cam+timing and another useful one http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... +alignment

When it comes to you getting the adjustment on the CCT's, rather than using feel, I would remove both the rear and front cam covers. Measure more accurately the chain between the two cam sprockets and double check cam positions. It should be 9mm deflection up and down from centre to centre of the chain link. Hope that makes sense! You will have to remove the cam guides to access the centre between the cam sprockets. I think it's held by two 10mm bolts or something. Stick plenty of rags in the gaps in the engine either side of the cam sprockets when undoing anything there. You REALLY DON'T wont to drop anything down inside the engine casings. :eek2 Just take your time and if you get stuck or are unsure, you have my number.

Silicone or threadlock goes on the main tensioner thread along the length before tightening up. This then seals the gap between the thread where it screws through. It is for two reasons 1st it stops any slight oil leakage that may work it's way through the thread, and 2nd and more importantly, gives the thread some grip as a preventative measure against it working loose with vibrations. :thumbup:

Don't forget either new paper gaskets or some gasket seal where the CCT attaches to the casing. I just used a bit of gasket seal on mine so there was no need to scrape all the old paper gasket off :wink:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

very nice but can you get it out the house to take some good pics in day light :wink:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

you did a good job there fella, as lloydie said, get some pictures in daylight.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

i dont even think i can get it out the house with the fairings on :? :? ha ha and its only put tgther temporary at moment gotta take it bak apart to fit parts wen they arrive once thats done ill attempt to get it out as need to try starting it up :D :D
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's coming along very nicely. I see you got the Black outlines around the text :thumbup: In that last pi it looks like the bike is watching tv. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Looking very nice matey! ;-)
Xenocide

Post by Xenocide »

Nothing cooler than a bike in yer front room
'98 VTR (Red - the quickest)
'94 KTM LC4 400e
'69 Land Rover S2 Lightweight
Trowbridge & Surrounding Areas Lawn Mower Servicing & Repairs
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

LMAO, That is just ridiculous.....

I'd not be happy under that though.. prime candidate for a you've been framed moment.
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i wouldn't trust that at all :lol: :lol: :lol:
because its a ducati there will be oil dripping and allsorts.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice pussy shot!!!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Fook me ha ha is that real......? :lol::lol:
scottyhatchi

Post by scottyhatchi »

is that a real wall ornament ??? i sooooo want 1 like that looks amazing lol :D :D :D :D