AMQ46's storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

AMQ46's storm

Post by AMCQ46 »

Slight bit of pimping today!

No not just giving it a damn good wash after the France trip, or taking off all the duct tape that I used to make sure the paniers dont scuff the paint.

I also fitted the Moriwaki style belly pan.............Very pleased with the way it looks, just need to add some white Honda logo's.

Also think it the hugger and the front gaurd need to turn black or Carbon.

Acouple of pics

With the exception of the hugger and the bellypan, most of the mods are hidden!!
Rodgered forks,
WP rear shock,
K&N filter & DynoJet kit
Unbaffled std pipes
AMcQ
stormingjoe

Re: AMQ46's storm

Post by stormingjoe »

whats the bike ride like with the wp shock :?:
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Nice lookin bike , it looks very tidy for an R-reg 8)
Stevie
yorkshirepuddin

Post by yorkshirepuddin »

why not paint the belly pan yellow, then it will really stand out, looks fab
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

stormingjoe wrote:whats the bike ride like with the wp shock :?:
Its a fairly basic emulsion type shock from WP with only rebound damping adjustment [12 clicks] not the top of the range fully adjustable. But it has adjustable ride height [so no need for spacers] and I had it valved and sprung for my weight by Revs Racing, hence it is a revolation compared to the over sprung, underdamped showa unit.

With the Roger Revolution forks & the WP on the rear, the back & front end both now react the same when you hit a bump or a dip, so the bike is very stable and easy to ride hard.

The sag back & front are set up as reccomended by Roger, and the front end dropped 3mm, rear raised 5mm so it turns in fater as well, but no tankslappers or instability with this set up

Not sure that a fully adjustable one would be any better, as sometimes you can have to much adjustment and you end up getting lost.
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Looks very clean buddy , I agree with Timbo . Go yellow, will be cheaper than spraying or replacing the hugger and front mudguard. Sounds like the suspension set up is ideal.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
rst steve

Post by rst steve »

AMCQ46 wrote:
stormingjoe wrote:whats the bike ride like with the wp shock :?:
Its a fairly basic emulsion type shock from WP with only rebound damping adjustment [12 clicks] not the top of the range fully adjustable. But it has adjustable ride height [so no need for spacers] and I had it valved and sprung for my weight by Revs Racing, hence it is a revolation compared to the over sprung, underdamped showa unit.

With the Roger Revolution forks & the WP on the rear, the back & front end both now react the same when you hit a bump or a dip, so the bike is very stable and easy to ride hard.

The sag back & front are set up as reccomended by Roger, and the front end dropped 3mm, rear raised 5mm so it turns in fater as well, but no tankslappers or instability with this set up

Not sure that a fully adjustable one would be any better, as sometimes you can have to much adjustment and you end up getting lost.
Thats really good to know as i am planning a similar type of set up. I too am going to give Roger a call soon. :D
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Very tidy pal. Like the belly pan.
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It certainly looks a very clean and tidy bike :!: :D

Chris.
WireWalker

Post by WireWalker »

AMCQ46 wrote: Its a fairly basic emulsion type shock from WP with only rebound damping adjustment [12 clicks] not the top of the range fully adjustable. But it has adjustable ride height [so no need for spacers] and I had it valved and sprung for my weight by Revs Racing, hence it is a revolation compared to the over sprung, underdamped showa unit.

I have the model up from yours, the White Power Fusion. It has the added benefit of High and Low speed damping being seperate and is valved in a more subtle way than the basic unit, it's also almost twice the price. Anyone who's ridden Ohlins equipped bikes will know quality suspension is a world apart.

Spraying money on bling bits is always a bit pointless unless you can get them working properly for you, I think the decisions you've made about your setup will probably offer superior benefits in real everyday use than you would've got from bunging on the model up and following the instruction manual. 8)
"The future is Orange"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Not sure that a fully adjustable one would be any better, as sometimes you can have to much adjustment and you end up getting lost.
WireWalker wrote: Spraying money on bling bits is always a bit pointless unless you can get them working properly for you, I think the decisions you've made about your setup will probably offer superior benefits in real everyday use than you would've got from bunging on the model up and following the instruction manual. 8)
A very good point there made by both of you :!:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Partly to fix the braking judder I now get with the bigger calipers, and partly for bling..................These arrived in the post today. dont have time to fit them, but did sit and look at then for 20 mins.............sad or what!

Have to say the quality looks very good, even the edges of the disk on the rim and inner edge are coated with what looks like a black epoxy finish.
£250 for a pair from bike bitz uk.

Oh and here is a before picture with the new calipers but standard disks.

AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

not usually a big fan of wavy discs but them look niiice :thumbup:
i tried spraying the inside bit of my standard ones but the paint peels off too easy - might invest in sumat similar meself :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Nice bike, but agree on the bellypan bit as mine is yellow and sets the bike off. :thumbup:
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Sat May 29, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

They look good, any chance of posting them to me so that I can stare at them for a bit?

Wonder why you can't seem to get replacement rotors and buttons to fit the standard centres? :think:

The centres don't wear out, and they still look fine as you throw them away.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.