storm to fighter!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
dave-sp2

storm to fighter!

Post by dave-sp2 »

pictures have been seen on here before but here you go,

it's had a wash and a buff up which has finally finished off the paint work and got rid of all the sanding scratches that where left in there from the previous attempts and gave it a lovely shine again!!

dave
Last edited by dave-sp2 on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bazza696

Re: my new storm

Post by bazza696 »

Nice - winter respray in RED and it will be perfec
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

8) now that is a very tasty bike, i saw it in the flesh last year at MFN bike nite, shipley, never saw the owner so never got a chance to hear her run! get some video up pete :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

there will be a winter fettle and that will include a respray but it won't be red,

not sure what colour yet i do like the grey but it's been done now, it needs something new and fresh, polished rims and a new exhaust system as it's bloody loud!!!!!!!!!!!! which is great but means it attracks attention form the rozzers,

can't do video's so mayb i can take one on my camera and e-mail it to someone to list for me, any volunters will have to pm me. :thumbup:

I'm thinking the new exhaust could be like the harley XR1200 termi system, twin carbon cans on one side! i'm liking the look of that!!

dave
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

What about black with a pearlescant coloured lacquer.Would look good with polished rims
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

That looks good Dave. Stylish but not too much in your face :thumbup:
Shame the pipes too loud. It gives it a bit of flare IMHO
I would n't mind seeing a pair of them on a standard storm.
Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pointblank

Post by Pointblank »

Nice like the colour too, spot on.
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Oh my god what piece!!!!!!!! feels like a harley

just got back from my first proper ride out on the new bike,

only done about 5 miles before the front forks got some major adjustment and what the wombles is that rear shock! she needs some work!! plus the front discs are warped!!

but it got a little better as i got used to it, and then worse again. now the brake lever is coming to the bar so more work needed there!

never mind all fixable :silent:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

dave-sp2 wrote:Oh my god what piece!!!!!!!! feels like a harley
Good golly, wash your mouth out with a bar of soap three times :lol:

I have to say Dave, this Storm looks ACE :thumbup:

I'm sure you'll soon get the suspension sorted out,

Chris.
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

One of the most up to date looking bikes on site,I would like to know what the front ends from.I also like the GP style pipe.I may make a pair using the welded mild steel balloon method and employ a silencer box under the frame using the same technique.should sound sweet and not too loud.
Cheers from Paul
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

it's all sorted now, some adjustments here and htere and a new master cylinder of an SP1 has made a big difference, the rear brake disc was loose which was making it worse. all sorted now,

see for sale section!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Well after coming off my trackbike in early august i have been busy fixing that so now that is finished i can start working the storm.

after some thought i decided to change it to a streetfighter as the clip-ons are to low and far away for my short arms, but i really need to sort the rear shock out as it is to soft for going 2 up and scrapes the belly pan on the floor. it has no adjustment and also has a leak but i'm not sure what it is off.

the strip down first.

then got the exhaust off and get the rear shock out and the linkage off. i have then refitted the rear linkage to measure up the centres, but as i have nothing to compare this to i'm not sure if this is a standard linkage or a modified one.

there is a VFR 800 swingarm fitted and i'm unsure if the linkage pick up has been moved on the swingarm to the right hand side to go inline with the storm shock position.

the rear shock that is fitted is, well odd!

so that's it this weekend, need to give ebay some teddy now for the bar risers and a headlight, then in the mean time i need to do some reaserch on the linkage and shock set up, need to decide weather i need to get a new one or modify what i have.
the main problem i can see will be clearence as the shock will only fit if the spring stops as the one in the picture does, if it has a full lenght spring it will not fit in the swingarm as the rear exhaust also goes through the same gap in the swingarm.

anyone fitted a vfr swinger!!

laters

dave.
Gerrit

Post by Gerrit »

Hi Dave , which brand is your slip on, I want to locate a similar piece here in South Africa.

regards,Gerrit
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Hi gerrit

the exhaust is a micron GP style race can, it's off a gsxr1000 K1 model.

good luck

dave

p,s if this one i have does't fit my trackbike i'll post it on here for sale!
dave-sp2

Post by dave-sp2 »

Note to self and anyone else who is listening.

never try and remove powder coat from parts etc! it's a nightmare.

it's taken me nearly 2 weeks to get the stuff of my wheel. loads of paint stripper and shot blasting. but at last today i managed to start polishing them! now the fun begins