Red Storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Stephan

Re: Red Storm

Post by Stephan »

wheel are yours :-), T675 Daytona. To see full picture, conversion was a bit difficult. Custom sprocket and brake discs, 5mm spacer under sprocket and machined rear brake holder, wheel spacers. Good is you don´t need to do anything with axles, bearings are the same.
If I do it again, I´d change whole front. But as vtr forks are reworked and I am fine how they perform, I´ve wanted to stick with them.

And I just point that VTR wheels are not so heavy despite of the age (especially rear), as you can see weight difference on wheels with discs, bearings and sprocket carrier, what I found T675 are one of the lightest.

front wheel from 6.83 kg to 6.16
rear from 10.08 to 8.51 with sprocket carrier, 7.66 to 6.94 without
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

I also put Dr Honda stacks and went one size down on the main jets, to 178 and 180, but don´t have it dynoed yet. There was noticeable gain on 4-5 rpm.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good info thanks and by the sound of not so easy to do :-( but looks great
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

lloydie: to get these discs and sprocket is not a problem, but it´s still pricey (as any other new discs and sprocket). As I said, full front with light wheel probably makes more sense - like some 3 spoke from new CBR600RR, rear can stay. On the other side, I agree, looks good :-)

But honestly, on kermit, there is no much room for improvement in terms of look .... :)
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Stephan

Post by Stephan »

New additions, some could see preview in August VTROTM :-)

Electric water pump:
Electric booster pump (EBP) from Davies Craig, but Bosch 12V EBP seems to be from the same manufacturer and has the same specs (better availability here). I bought Davies Craig, and there is Bosch mark on the body of the pump. Thermostat is out, and bypass between thermostat and water pump plugged. I have no other control of operation due to safety, just on/off connected on kill switch, so I can have dash/lights on and pump off. My first ride was after winter, so I really cannot tell if there is any noticable difference in performance. Anyway in traffic and on track it is cooling better, in cold weather little bit more than needed, and in normal temps above 15 deg it is working fine.
I have installed sparkbright led control for voltage, just to be sure RR is working correctly and pump is running.

900RR swingarm brace:
unfortunately Pyramid Plactic rear hugger, helping keep out the debris from linkage and shock, had to get off. I think about RG shock tube.

900RR front forks:
from 96 with damping comression adjustment, Racetech gold valve with C35 shims configuration, tapered rebound rods, 0.9 Ohlins springs, 120 mm oil level, I choose 7.5W Elf synthetic fork oil - maybe 5W would be better. Thanks to Roger D. for settings info :-)
clipons are Paolo Tarozzi high rise, renthal medium grips. Front mudguard and clips are for Triumph T595. Mudguard is from MotoForza and looks quality made.

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looking real good mate, well done you....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Love the big bore arrow system :thumbup: Mind you it all looks good
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Looking good mate :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

AMCQ46 wrote:Love the big bore arrow system :thumbup: Mind you it all looks good
Arrow is bit unused currently with stock engine, I hope it shows me more over the winter with new pistons and reprofiled cams :-) I realized it is probably only full system with overbore. Mori, Akra, Yoshi seems to have constant diameter of pipes.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice work Stephan, all the mods look integrated, not just thrown together.
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

+1 looks well finished :clap:

The rear end looks very tidy and airy, kinda slim/clean looking. Good work sir :D

You must notice an improvement with the blade forks?
Jamie :wave:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

thanks all for nice comments :-)

Jamoi: improvement with blade forks is slight. I had fork brace and forks with the same treatment before. But it feels more rigid definitely, and new bars has much more better position and wide, so there is better control. Main improvement is I can adjust compression damping.
I hope I will manage to get new lower triple from dural alloy, instead of steel one with one clamp point (CBR900 to 98 and VTR have both), this could be noticeable mod.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Sweet, wider bars would be nice too :thumbup:

I'm glad you mentioned the brace on your old forks, I have a brace and wondered how much stiffer blade forks are compared to braced storm forks. Hmm... upgrade senses are tingling! ;)
Jamie :wave:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

from which blade? Because if you have upside down forks, one of the main improvements is rigid lower triple, I hope ... :-)