Cafe racer VTR something a little different....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
stew

Cafe racer VTR something a little different....

Post by stew »

For all those that love their VTR's here is my project bike ROGUE...... ( 3rd time lucky in posting pics).......

New pic from Beaulieu 2013 AMD world championship bike show... Rogue won 1st place in the customised daily ride class.....

Donor bike......

Extra pics a couple before paint work.....

Last edited by stew on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ckennedy

Re: Cafe racer VTR something a little different....

Post by Ckennedy »

Certainly different that is. I have to admit I do kinda like it. Not the sort of thing I would ride but it looks good :thumbup: How long did it take to do the build?
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i like it as its different from the norm :thumbup:
how;s it run ?
stew

Post by stew »

Background info......

As with all good ideas Rogue came about after a few drinks with family, xmas 2011. January 2012 the donor bike a 1999 Honda Firestorm was brought.

Parts- Suzuki Hayabusa front end was brought on ebay shortly followed by a Honda VFR800 swingarm and wheel. A Honda Superdream tank was also brought on ebay for 99p which probably was the best bargain in the whole project build and few thought the tank would look the part!!!

Clive (brother) built a jig for the frame and the project started. Once the new headstock had been made tubing for the frame was brought with a hydraulic pipe bender which proved next to useless forming a quality bend. A Pro-tools pipe bender was purchased and the frame soon took shape. Clive welded the frame and the assembling process soon picked up pace with custom fuel tanks being fabricated with a new air box. When a rolling chassis was achieved custom built headers and pipes were commissioned.

The bike was Mot’d July 2012 prior to the MSVA test a week later. The bike failed as the exhaust exceeded the db required and a few wires needed securing so on the whole a good result for a first build. The bike was re-tested October 2012 and passed. Over the winter months the bike was tuned and refined to what you see today. Paint work was finished May 2013.
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

tank looks smaller, how far will it go ??? But :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: on the finish, fantastic. Must be nice to have a truly unique bike that is truly yours etc ... I would like to do it myself if I had the time/money :idea:
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Have you got any bits of the donor bike for sell???

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721
Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

if I had to criticize i would say that the front wheel doesn't match the back wheel but im picky. :roll:

Gazfirestormowner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Wow what a fantastic looking bike well done really nice job
NHSH

Post by NHSH »

Very nice indeed, haven't seen that before... It seems that the donor bike what nice as well, doe's anyone know what bike the tail from?
You never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrists for psycho therapy. All I need is cycle therapy
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i have to say i like that. something different. :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I like it. I think it could be classed as a streetfighter cafe racer. :think: well done that is a big achievement. I do think you could do with a a rad guard, it looks rather vulnerable that low down. Where thsoe mori stubbies on ebay recently.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
stew

Post by stew »

Diabolus wrote:tank looks smaller, how far will it go ??? But :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: on the finish, fantastic. Must be nice to have a truly unique bike that is truly yours etc ... I would like to do it myself if I had the time/money :idea:
Yes time is always an issue but worth it..... project was less then 3K excluding my time.....

Bike was designed as a local ride/show bike so have about 1 gallon tank. Have an auxiliary tank that looks like a seat, sub-frame and pump for longer rides out...

Have fun
Roy
stew

Post by stew »

NHSH wrote:Very nice indeed, haven't seen that before... It seems that the donor bike what nice as well, doe's anyone know what bike the tail from?
Hi...I believe it was a GSX rear seat unit but had a handmade sub-frame to make it fit.....

Roy
stew

Post by stew »

Diabolus wrote:if I had to criticize i would say that the front wheel doesn't match the back wheel but im picky. :roll:
Yes front wheel a slight issue but with those large discs most don't notice them.

I was told that a VFR800 front wheel wouldnt work on the Hayabusa front end......

Roy
Hairy biker

Post by Hairy biker »

Wow that looks truly fantastic, if that we're mine it'd live in the front room instead of the tv.well done on such a brilliant project
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most