New toy!

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Tenesmus

Re: New toy!

Post by Tenesmus »

No, you misread it. Yellow bikes are worth £3,000 more than any other colour is what it said.
History: Honda C70, CG125, CX500, CB750F, VF750F, Suzuki GSX750, red Honda VTR1000F, Yamaha XV1100, Vmax, yellow VTR1000F.
2005 Rover 75 2.5 auto Connoisseur Tourer in British Racing Green
2016 Vauxhall Viva "Father Jack"
Solarboy

Post by Solarboy »

lumpyv wrote:very clean :thumbup: i like that pattern for the lowers do you know what make they are?

"Pops a bit on the overrun - any suggestions?"

smile some more is my advice, i think they are supposed to do that?
This is a Skidmarx lower, they have made these since Honda released the bike 20 yrs ago. I have one on my black VTR (defiantly the best colour) and it’s a nice fit and look. I think they are about £120.
If we don't learn from our mistakes we are destin to repeat them
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

RE "we buy any bike" and those similar.
What you get offered is totally dependent on who answers the phone.
"we will buy your bike" (slight diff in name) and a few others are normally nearer the mark.
But as they normally are looking to pass these bikes onto smaller dealers as they travel around the country, so will pay far more for your 2-3 year old MT-0????? than a 15 - 20 year old work of art.
Saying that I am surprised that its lower than "breakers" price for one, even if it is yella..
If you can hold out a month, the silly season is almost apon us and the spring time buyers will be out in force.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

What you get offered is totally dependent on who answers the phone.
Reminds me of insurance companies. :twisted:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Tenesmus

Post by Tenesmus »

50!

Right, the advert will appear in due course. I need to get it MOTd, wash it, take photos, (it will then stay in the garage until the new owner rides it away) and I need to go through the garage and gather together all the "stuff", like the unopened posh oil, the rear wheel roller thingy, locks, the USB socket that is still in the box, etc, and include them...
History: Honda C70, CG125, CX500, CB750F, VF750F, Suzuki GSX750, red Honda VTR1000F, Yamaha XV1100, Vmax, yellow VTR1000F.
2005 Rover 75 2.5 auto Connoisseur Tourer in British Racing Green
2016 Vauxhall Viva "Father Jack"
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

Wicky wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:44 am VTR1000F (Superhawk) Firestorm Service Manual PDF

From the pic it looks like i was taken in front of a showroom - did you buy it from a dealer or privately - did they service it just prior to the sale.

With that low milage and age - it probably is on the original chain & sprocket so would need checking. Tires are over 4 years old - again worth checking as they have a finite lifespan and can degrade over time. So you know where you're at with the bike, replace all fluids brake & clutch. Coolant and antifreeze. Oil and filter. Bake pads. Air filter etc Everything really bar valve adjustments but they could be done when CCTs are replaced with manual tensioners, along with adding a front cylinder vacuum take-off adapter for easy carb balancing (see DIY carb balancing in the workshop knowledgebase).

Krieger, APE and Bazza manual CCT's > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 16&t=22720

PS if your Rectifier / Regulator is still an original unfinned one like this, replace pronto before it cooks and leaves you inconveniently stranded.

Pops a bit on the overrun - any suggestions?
Quite normal but if doing it excessively check for airleaks in the exhaust system esp. where the seals are between header & link pipes.
the part No. on the R/R, har, har (but old jokes for new players right).

Vacuum adaptor for balancing, another quality tip from the forum that keeps delivering
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Hey where did you go for the service and Cct change? I’m picking up my firestorm Friday and live in yate, Bristol. Would like to get the bike serviced and ccts changed in the next couple of weeks so I know it’s all ok.

Thanks
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

DavoVTR1000 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:44 pm Hey where did you go for the service and Cct change? I’m picking up my firestorm Friday and live in yate, Bristol. Would like to get the bike serviced and ccts changed in the next couple of weeks so I know it’s all ok.

Thanks
Bit of a strange place for you to put this...TBH most on here do their own servicing...& CCT changes...

I know of one Ex-Stormer you lives in Briztol...( he now has a bloody suzuki sumthing or other...To his credit he does still have his SP tho so we kind of let him off & put up with him)...ask nicely & he might stand over you & give helpful advice whilst you do the work.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

MacV2 wrote:
DavoVTR1000 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:44 pm Hey where did you go for the service and Cct change? I’m picking up my firestorm Friday and live in yate, Bristol. Would like to get the bike serviced and ccts changed in the next couple of weeks so I know it’s all ok.

Thanks
Bit of a strange place for you to put this...TBH most on here do their own servicing...& CCT changes...

I know of one Ex-Stormer you lives in Briztol...( he now has a bloody suzuki sumthing or other...To his credit he does still have his SP tho so we kind of let him off & put up with him)...ask nicely & he might stand over you & give helpful advice whilst you do the work.
I think it’s posted in the wrong section. But wanted to get it looked over fully by a garage and as it was there get the bits that need doing at the same time. There is not noise from the cct but new bike to me so can’t garentee they have been changed. I service the cars myself but never worked on a bike. I know the basics are the same but abit apprehensive pulling bits off and then putting it back together then jumping on it for a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

I know of one Ex-Stormer you lives in Briztol...( he now has a bloody suzuki sumthing or other...To his credit he does still have his SP tho so we kind of let him off & put up with him)...ask nicely & he might stand over you dressed in leather chaps and give helpful advice whilst you do the work.
[/quote]

fixed that for you mac
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Funny you should say that. I have just bought myself some new Leather Trousers
and would you know it....I also live in Yate :D
I'd be happy to have a look Dave. I'm a bit busy this weekend . Grainstorm saturday and Off Down Brean for the rest of the weekend. I should be about the following weekend though if thats any good.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Pete.L wrote:Funny you should say that. I have just bought myself some new Leather Trousers
I'd be happy to have a look Dave. I'm a bit busy this weekend . Grainstorm saturday and Off Down Brean for the rest of the weekend. I should be about the following weekend though if thats any good.

Pete.l
Ye that would be sound. I’m not quiet in yate, I’m in charfield but not far up the road. To be honest I’m not sure what I’m ment to be looking for with these bikes so just someone more knowledgeable to just let me know what to look for etc. Like I said I pick it up Friday so will prob spend all this weekend riding around getting used to it. I know I’ve pre warned the misses I’ll be out most the weekend.

Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

DavoVTR1000 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:Funny you should say that. I have just bought myself some new Leather Trousers

Pete.l
Ye that would be sound. I’m not quiet in yate, I’m in charfield but not far up the road. To be honest I’m not sure what I’m ment to be looking for with these bikes so just someone more knowledgeable to just let me know what to look for etc. Like I said I pick it up Friday so will prob spend all this weekend riding around getting used to it. I know I’ve pre warned the misses I’ll be out most the weekend.

Ha! And the weather forecast for the weekend should be goodImage
I know Charfield pretty well. Big bro used to live there so that’s no issue if you need a second pair of eyes. Also, having the weekend to get to know the new girl will give you some time for a proper shake down and gremlin test.
Pop a message up when you’re ready and I’ll be happy to obligeImage

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
DavoVTR1000

Post by DavoVTR1000 »

Pete.L wrote:
DavoVTR1000 wrote:

Pete.l

Ha! And the weather forecast for the weekend should be goodImage
I know Charfield pretty well. Big bro used to live there so that’s no issue if you need a second pair of eyes. Also, having the weekend to get to know the new girl will give you some time for a proper shake down and gremlin test.
Pop a message up when you’re ready and I’ll be happy to obligeImage

Thanks. I’m not working the weekend now either so will be good to get used to it before I have to deal with to the morning commute Tuesday. Although I’m only going to Avonmouth down the M5 so traffic is not to bad. I don’t miss having to ride in to the centre of bath like last year, that was a pain. I’ll put some pictures up when its home in the correct section.

sniffipn

Post by sniffipn »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:55 am
Tenesmus wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:46 pm That's a good idea.

So I tried one of those webuyanybike places. They offered me £300-500. Er, that's ok thanks but I'll pass.
Wow that is an insult. These kind of buisnesses I think mostly take advantage of those that are truly desperate a bit like cash converters. Very sad and morally wrong IMO. Not a company I would wish to support.
or give a price and the revise it way down when the see the car.