VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Post by fabiostar »

Sir-knob-head wrote:
Ant wrote:
fabiostar wrote:good luck with the build Ant, it looks like you have a decent bike to base it on..... except for the purple shock which of course i would be interested in lol :clap: :D
What is that purple shock, not the standard one I'm guessing?
Either a hyper pro spring or shock. They do progressive kits which are much nicer IMHO
hush you...... :lol: . purple is sooo last year lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Sir-knob-head wrote:
Either a hyper pro spring or shock. They do progressive kits which are much nicer IMHO
Ahh Cheers Just the spring then, the shock is a showa one! Sorry Fabio keeping that one, although got to agree, purple is out!

Right I'm off to the workshop armed with de-greaser update later!
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

Hi Ant.

"...Ducati "Mono Posto" seat .."

I'm looking at alternative single seats units - is your Duc one easy to fit to standard frame??

Anyone else tried any others before? Which are good'uns?

Cheers :problem:
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Have you looked at the MV units?
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
Ant

Post by Ant »

So, made a bit of progress over the weekend, here's what the engine looked like before cleaning:

Pretty nasty in places, I think the previous owner had a bit of a thing for Lube, certainly used enough on his chain! Lol (Sorry Paul if you're reading this!)

And now for the after shots!

Pretty chuffed with the results, there's still some road tar stuck to the front of it but that's gonna go when I get some solvents on it.

So happy days, next I'm gonna do a bit of prep for painting, sand down all the rough spots, then do what needs to be done mechanically: cylinder pressure test (fingers crossed), replace some seals, check the cam chain, valve clearances, get an endoscope into the bores to check them. Once that's all done I'll get on with painting it and wrap it up for storage.
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
Sir-knob-head

Post by Sir-knob-head »

What did you use to remove all the gum? I use steam and degreaser but it takes a while
Idiots exist everywhere
Doesn't mean you have to argue with them

Live to ride. Ride to live
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That has cleaned up really well Ant :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Removed posts that were starting to go off topic slightly :wink: and clogging up Ant's build thread can be continued here:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 03#p408003

Chris.
Ant

Post by Ant »

sirch345 wrote:Removed posts that were starting to go off topic slightly :wink: and clogging up Ant's build thread can be continued here:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 03#p408003

Chris.
Cheers Chris!
Ant

Post by Ant »

SmileyVTR wrote:Hi Ant.

"...Ducati "Mono Posto" seat .."

I'm looking at alternative single seats units - is your Duc one easy to fit to standard frame??

Anyone else tried any others before? Which are good'uns?

Cheers :problem:
Hello Smiley,

I didn't fit it myself but looked easy enough, it fits to the standard sub frame and only needs two tabs at the rear to be cut off. A bracket to hold the Duc' lights needs to be made up, but it sits nicely on the sub frame.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Just noticed this thread.

Just want to say good luck with achieving what you're setting out to achieve. I like the bike you've posted as inspiration. Looks well cool and will be great to ride no doubt. There's a cool looking mv on rocket garage posted today.

The storm is a trifle ugly undressed but all the more of a challenge to create something special I say. The main thing for me is to have a bike that's great to ride as the main priority. Quite often it can look the dogs doo dahs as a bonus. :lol:

Cheers.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Sir-knob-head wrote:What did you use to remove all the gum? I use steam and degreaser but it takes a while
I went to a wholesale place and bought an industrial kitchen de-greaser imaginatively named hn32 or something. Still took a while but worked pretty good!
SmileyVTR

Post by SmileyVTR »

:thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

what a difference that clean made :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Hello Sir KH,

Don't think I can PM yet as not enough posts, I bought the de-greaser from Booker (it's a wholesale place, you have to have a business to get an account) It's called H1 degreaser from a company called clean pro. They also had a deep fat fryer cleaner which I reckon would have worked pretty well!

Ant