VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
MacV2

Re: VTR Cafe Fighter Project

Post by MacV2 »

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ant

Post by Ant »

That's the stuff!

Well there's not been much going on with the bike this week. I reversed a hire car into a post so have been spending my time reparing that to avoid a £500 "excess" :crazy:
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
Sir-knob-head

Post by Sir-knob-head »

Ant wrote:Hello Sir KH,

Don't think I can PM yet as not enough posts, I bought the de-greaser from Booker (it's a wholesale place, you have to have a business to get an account) It's called H1 degreaser from a company called clean pro. They also had a deep fat fryer cleaner which I reckon would have worked pretty well!

Ant
Thanks mate.

Thanks to Mac fir the link too :)
Idiots exist everywhere
Doesn't mean you have to argue with them

Live to ride. Ride to live
Ant

Post by Ant »

Right... So I had to re-spray a hire car bumper that I managed to scratch to shite so haven't been able to look at the bike until today.

Only managed to get a couple of hours so I've checked the valve clearances and all is well! They're all within tolerance so happy days. Also had a look at the plugs (I even had a plug socket that fits!!!) and they look all good too, will still replace them but not too black, not melted etc so again happy days.

I've had a bit of a search for this but couldn't come up with anything concrete so I'll ask it here: How do you adjust the manual CCT's? I've seen a thread saying finger tight then back a quarter turn and another that says until it stops rattling but is there a more accurate way to do it without the engine running? I've got the pink annodised CCT's and the engine on a bench with the cam covers off if that helps at all?
If it's broken; should it move? Yes: Use WD40 No: Use cable ties. Now it's fixed!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Finger tight and back out ¼ – ½ turn is generally okay but if want to be more precise look in the workshop knowledgebase for the MCCT installation guide >

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=28583
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Ant

Post by Ant »

Wicky wrote:Finger tight and back out ¼ – ½ turn is generally okay but if want to be more precise look in the workshop knowledgebase for the MCCT installation guide >

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=28583
Cheers for that wicky, will have a look later today! Ant
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

great project mate :thumbup:

in the spirit of tony,s recent post about chickens have you thought of renovating a 50 cc bike in a humourous style?

that would be called pedantic

I,ll get my coat ....
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Ant

Post by Ant »

I cANT do that lumpy, I haven't got time for those sort of ANTics. And besides it would be an ANTi climax to do such a pANTs bike with such a rubbish power plANT after working on a VTR.

I'll get my coat too....
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Could do an ant hill climber.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

...such an ANTiquated idea!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I thought this newly cleanet thread might be going somewhere, but it's a bit of an ANTiclimax
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dendrob

Post by Dendrob »

Dendrob wrote:Could do an ant hill climber.
....with cANTilever suspension, ANTi dive brakes......

Pure fANTasy, of course. :lol: :oops:
Ant

Post by Ant »

Sooo... It's been a long time since I did anything on the bike, been a busy couple of months. But today I've got some time!

Started this morning by taking apart the rats nest left behind by the previous owner. I Had to take this apart to get the wiring harness free from the frame. I used to be an electrician, so if there are any other sparks on here, WARNING this picture is offensive / explicit:

I've pulled apart all the bullet connectors and numbered them all up so when I've got the bits I need, I'll solder all the wires into a nice multi pin connector.

This is where thing got nasty LOL (although I'm crying inside)

Seriously, what is that? :wtf: That's right it's a rats nest in a rats nest with particularly bad application of solder.

After that shocker I cut out the engine adjuster that got stuck, cheers to whoever it was that posted the hacksaw trick to remove it, worked a treat.

Next I've taken all the bolts, brackets and cable fixings off the frame and I'm cleaning it all up ready to get it anodised black. Has anyone else had the frame anodised? Got any picks if so?

Will update later with whatever else I get done.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That is shocking 8O oops I just realised what I said :) I can see why you would want to remove that,

Chris.
Ant

Post by Ant »

Yeah wondering if I should just buy another loom. Seen one on ebay for £25...