My VTR

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
mik_str

Re: My VTR

Post by mik_str »

Bike looks great, nice work!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

NY4600 wrote:Can anyone tell me what happened to this cylinder head? Looks like its cut and welded. As you can see from the other pics, its slightly modified :P

Somebody has had a go at porting those heads. I wonder if anything else has been done like hi comp pistons.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

NY4600 wrote:
popkat wrote:
NY4600 wrote:Finally :biggrin Got my rims powdercoated today!

Make sure you clean the powder coat off where the brake discs mount to the wheel, it's a machined surface and needs to be flat, bare metal.

Thanx! Top tip :thumbup:
i`m sorry to say this but why oh why do people leave the horrible casting knobs and writing on their wheels and then spend all that money painting them.
use a power file and remove everything to make the wheels smooth
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

For the same reason that a lot of folk wont fill and rub down all the holes, cracks and dimples in their walls and woodwork when painting a room in their house. Even worse not rubbing down the filler properly so it's flush. :eek2 Most folk don't prep properly as that's where all the hard work is along with time and expense. Use some wet n dry or equivalent and rub down between coats and you will have gloss woodwork that looks like a sheet of glass. Some folk like Orange peel or brush marks though. You'd be amazed how many people use foam rollers on flat doors and MDF panels. It quick and easy but wont leave as good a finish with a reasonable coat of paint protection on them. Then again the chippie may have not allowed 1/8th of inch or so in the measurements to allow for a good coating of paint :roll: I never have liked doing tosh jobs but often that's all folk can afford or they don't know better. Sometimes time has to be taken into consideration too.
==============================Enter the Darkside
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

:eek2 :eek2 :eek2 wow thanks carl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Mr carl I have to call you out on this as its a pet peve of mine...
Do you really expect me to sand a component with womens pleasure items or fun bag inserts for a womans breast.
or This stuff:

This is not silicone but silicon. :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

RedStormJ wrote:Do you really expect me to sand a component with womens pleasure items
I wouldn't sand it 8O
I just give it a good rub down If I were you :wink:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

I had to have some fun at carls expense.
Id never get one of those things near my bike. Paint would probably peel right off at the sight of any such device. :lol:
NY4600

Post by NY4600 »

haff... struggling with the R/R and the 30A fuse. The bike has turned into a project again after troubles with R/R. Bought a VFR 1200 F two years ago so the Storm has just stood there. Poor thing <3 I guess E.Marquez has the solution for me?
Marquez MOSFET
2nd Ranger BN

Post by 2nd Ranger BN »

Don't give up, you are doing grant. My front end wash out two month after riding season start and I have been working on my bike for three week it will come together, just keep up with what needs to be done