TheGingerBeardMans' 1999 VTR1000F...

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
macdee

Re: TheGingerBeardMans' 1999 VTR1000F...

Post by macdee »

fabiostar wrote:god thats clean. red wanted. Im very clean :eek2
There you go
told you not to but oh no you knew better
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:I did think about getting them done in satin gold (ala ducati), as that really appeals to me. But folk may not want to buy it with gold wheels. :think:
My red one had gold coloured powder coated wheels.

Al.
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Fit like Al....?

Now THAT's bloody tasty with gold wheels. :erection: It opens the bike up even more, and compliments the red (which is what I thought cos it works with Ducati). And they don't look out of place do they! - Mr Honda should have done all the red and black storms with gold wheels. It's made me move a lot closer to deciding whether or not to get 'em done in satin gold.

I wanted to keep the wheels weight free and try these new ''balance beads'' inside the tyre, but I can't use them at the same time if having Goop fitted, as they'll all end up in a big internal sticky heap.

Oh, and that looks cleaner than mine, so I hereby pass the OCD baton over to you! :lol:
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Fit like Al....?

Now THAT's bloody tasty with gold wheels. :erection: It opens the bike up even more, and compliments the red (which is what I thought cos it works with Ducati). And they don't look out of place do they! - Mr Honda should have done all the red and black storms with gold wheels. It's made me move a lot closer to deciding whether or not to get 'em done in satin gold.

I wanted to keep the wheels weight free and try these new ''balance beads'' inside the tyre, but I can't use them at the same time if having Goop fitted, as they'll all end up in a big internal sticky heap.

Oh, and that looks cleaner than mine, so I hereby pass the OCD baton over to you! :lol:
No you have to keep it as yours is not pictured with the madatory bin/skip/pile of rubbish.

Get the camera back out Dave, you must try harder... :thumbdown:

+ he said ''my Red one HAD gold wheels...'' Which would indicate either it no longer has gold wheels or he no longer owns said Red Storm which would lead me to assume it no longer looks like that...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
TheGingerBeardMan

MacV2 wrote:No you have to keep it, as yours is not pictured with the madatory bin/skip/pile of rubbish. Get the camera back out...you must try harder..
Well, That's easily rectified!

Here's 3 bins :thumbup:

A Green one, a Brown one, and a Blue one. My gawd, I am REALLY spoiling you lot now.

(In me mothers garden before I put the white vinyl on the front of the bike)

So....can I sell it now then? :think:

firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Oh, and that looks cleaner than mine, so I hereby pass the OCD baton over to you! :lol:
It looked better in the photo's that it did in reality. The forks lowers were not in great condition and the subframe really needed taken off and re-sprayed. The powder coating meant that the wheels polished up easily which helped keeping the dirt off but the stick on wheel weights still took their toll :-(

I do miss the Firestorm and have had a couple of Falco's since then but my wrists can't handle clip-ons any more.

Al.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

MacV2 wrote:+ he said ''my Red one HAD gold wheels...'' Which would indicate either it no longer has gold wheels or he no longer owns said Red Storm which would lead me to assume it no longer looks like that...
No longer have the Storm. These days I have a 650 V-Strom and an 1100 Monster.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:
MacV2 wrote:No you have to keep it, as yours is not pictured with the madatory bin/skip/pile of rubbish. Get the camera back out...you must try harder..
Well, That's easily rectified!

Here's 3 bins :thumbup:

A Green one, a Brown one, and a Blue one. My gawd, I am REALLY spoiling you lot now.

(In me mothers garden before I put the white vinyl on the front of the bike)

So....can I sell it now then? :think:
PAH ! Call that a bin shot ? This is a bin shot...

TheGingerBeardMan

oh bugger. Ok, you get a full point for that one. :clap:

At least there are 2 green bins in each pic featuring the numbers 4 and 8.... does that count? No? ***@!!?* :( :Argue 1:

Ok....if anyone has a pic of a VTR actually IN a bin or skip.......please fire it on here in order to take Macs points away.... :thumbup:

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

A skip you say ...?

hehehehehe
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Good gawd man, stay away from the photo uploads, you might end up putting one of yourself on then you'll be banned for life.

Bikes still looking as good as ever.don't flog it, but if you ever get that way give me first dibs first please.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
TheGingerBeardMan

grumpyfrog wrote:Bikes still looking as good as ever. don't flog it, but if you ever get that way give me first dibs first please.
Seriously? Well, I'm getting to the stage of saying sod it, and selling up.

Dunno if you've been over to the Workshop dept, but me speedo packed in this afternoon, and it's MEGA bucks to replace the sensor (if that's what it'll be).

I badly need tyres, and now this sensor thing. There was a new chain n' sprockets fitted 6 months ago (DID50VXGB Black n gold and the chain is not going to survive the next few months - it's already rusty on the plates with the salt - My lock up is permanently damp with the floor constantly wet, and so even inside, under the cover, the bike is showing signs of accelerated corrosion, despite the ACF-50 :( :(

The more I think about it this evening, I'm in danger of making a rash desicion. :( :think:

Watch this space.......

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

A failing R/R cuts the speedo, one of the firsts signs...Is it still running OK apart from that...?

Trying to think if I have one in the spares dept but I fear the answer is no I'm affraid.

But I will check later on today for you...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

The more I think about it this evening, I'm in danger of making a rash desicion. :( :think:
Chin up old fella. A couple of strong pain killing pills, a hot toddy and some rest and relaxation in the warm is what you need. Worry about the bike later.
==============================Enter the Darkside
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I've a RR in the Garage, not back till Friday but can get it out to you even to try out? If I had read this earlier I would have stashed it in the car as I'm in Keith on Friday
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time