a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
AMCQ46

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by AMCQ46 »

Do it
Do it
Do it
:thumbup:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im not sure Al. iv had several looks at it, if i chomp into my fairing and get it wrong or cant make them sit neatly enough im buggered.... gona have to think about this mod a bit more me thinks :think: :think:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:16 pm im not sure Al. iv had several looks at it, if i chomp into my fairing and get it wrong or cant make them sit neatly enough im buggered.... gona have to think about this mod a bit more me thinks :think: :think:
Do you have whole set with sealed airbox? I see that as the hardest part to make it work, aside of carb set up.

Edit: not only fairing, there is tank modification needed I think.
Last edited by Stephan on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i have a spare tank to cut, and i can get the tub required that the carbs have to sit in if i wana run true ramair into it, thats actually the easy bit.

option 2 is use the ram tubes as a fresh air feed into the top area of an open airbox lid , not really to make it go better,im happy with how it runs now but just because the ram tubes look so god dam sexy on them lol
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You can divert the tubes to feed a sealed pre-airbox section in front of the snorkel, that triangular space behind the headstock.
I made the plates to seal off that triangular area but never found a way to feed air from the front intake holes into the pre-section.

I may still have the plates somewhere. All that's needed is to move the coils (or fit coil-overs) and find a routing for the throttle cable. If they're any use you can have them.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

I must agree with brother on this one

do it
do it
do it
but be careful
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:25 pm You can divert the tubes to feed a sealed pre-airbox section in front of the snorkel, that triangular space behind the headstock.
I made the plates to seal off that triangular area but never found a way to feed air from the front intake holes into the pre-section.

I may still have the plates somewhere. All that's needed is to move the coils (or fit coil-overs) and find a routing for the throttle cable. If they're any use you can have them.
Ram air has to have straight way of air directly to sealed airbox, other than that it is just cosmetic mod. Path winding behind headstock area will not work in my opinion.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im busted lol.. both my brain cells need a rest from this bike :lol: :lol: .

@tony by all means have a wee look and see what you have sitting about.

@ stephen. il have to have a think about this, not so much for the work thats required but the fact my carburation is spot on atm and anything i do will upset it im sure. if i was to run true ramair, as in get the tub the carbs sit in, getting a set of cv carbs that hold +1 atmosphere pressure at 110 mph which i believe is the number Roger gave on a road bike could be tricky for daily riding on the road.

the ram tubes also take the feed to the rads away of fresh air through the front vents, fine on a racebike doing race speeds but a road bike has to sit at traffic speeds, but thats something i can cure that will have purists throwing swords at me lol :clap: :clap:

in saying that i still want them for the look if nothing else :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

''thats something i can cure that will have purists throwing swords at me lol ''

Lets hope they dont throw them too high then or you'll never catch them... :Fence:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:42 am ''thats something i can cure that will have purists throwing swords at me lol ''

Lets hope they dont throw them too high then or you'll never catch them... :Fence:

lmao. duck....................ah i see you already are :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:02 am im busted lol.. both my brain cells need a rest from this bike :lol: :lol: .
Yes give yourself a rest Rob, feck me you've done loads on that bike already.

Go and spend sometime with your wife before she forgets what you look like :D

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 pm
fabiostar wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:02 am im busted lol.. both my brain cells need a rest from this bike :lol: :lol: .

Chris.
Chris I think you'll find shes happy with him being in the FabCave all the time...

Something about him always being under her feet...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:44 pm
sirch345 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 pm

Chris.
Chris I think you'll find shes happy with him being in the FabCave all the time...

Something about him always being under her feet...
:lol: now that is cruel....................................................................................................................but I like it :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lmfao but your so right Mac :lol: :lol:

and ,AND when the postman arrives in a few days my 3 year hunt to keep a 3 spoke front wheel using my brembo calipers and 320 discs is complete, if iv done my calculations correct i will wrap my dymags up and store them and in goes a set of 320mm ape discs fitted to a fzr400 rrsp yamaha wheel. boom job done :D