a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
mik_str

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by mik_str »

8541Hawk wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:53 pm
kenmoore wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:38 am Can you replace the emulsion tubes ?

Worth a try.
The emulsion tubes can be replaced (they are different front &rear) the needle jet can't be replaced and that is what usually gets ovaled from use. :thumbup:
FWIW, I had my needle jets replaced by Factory Pro, and in place of the OEM unit they put in their HDJ type (turned into an expensive/drawn-out propositon, however)...
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

over the last few weeks iv had 3 completly different sets of carbs on it. all of which ran great on the yellow one..

atm its still running. again the little kinda lul moved to 5k instead of 6k but no worse than its been so thats good news i suppose.

iv richened up the fuel screws a little bit so il try that as its easy to change back again..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Do you have a picture of the needle jet ?

I have a spare set of carbs, they are actually the originals that I replaced with a set that I built up with a Dyno jet kit.

I will probably swap over the Dyno jet parts and all should be good as these carbs only had 11000 Klms on them from memory.

The reason I was interested is this.

Every now and then on starting my bike backfires like a Shotgun.

Funny thing is I have Shotgun exhausts, bloody loud but good .

Ironic

The bike still wails from start to stop and all revs, no hesitations, just nice and crisp, it's just the occasional backfire.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

il get pictures if i jave to go into it again.. for now both bikes are starting better then ever so im keeping the spanners away from them..

i tried it with the screws turned out richer and yet again it improved... im at a place now im gona call it quits and just try riding them :Bike: :Bike:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

So the Northern Ireland run is back on?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:22 am So the Northern Ireland run is back on?
if they both arnt burnt to a cinder by then yes :eek2 :eek2
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm
tony.mon wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 8:22 am So the Northern Ireland run is back on?
Even if they are, he can still hitch the mandogs up to a rollerskate, hop on & follow you around... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:18 am
fabiostar wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:00 pm
Even if they are, he can still hitch the mandogs up to a rollerskate, hop on & follow you around... :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

well another 100 miles on it today, didnt touch a thing and guess what.. its bloody flying, no flat spots no nothing, its as if nothing was ever wrong with it,,, god only knows why but im not touching it, im just enjoying having my engine back. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Change the title to "A FIT of Spondoness"
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:44 pm Change the title to "A FIT of Spondoness"
:lol: :lol: :lol: iv been saved from certain mental problems :lol:
the only thing thats different is, it wants to run on a standard filter not a K&N and i can live with that..
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well a run upto the NW200 and some more miles and its still going...thats about 500 miles since it started to run again so fingers crossed..

i even found another vehicle the same colour, or rather they found me :lol: :lol:

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

and a few from the NW200 of me actually riding the dam thing..

i dont want to say it yet but that should be the end of this 3 year story :clap: :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:03 pm and a few from the NW200 of me actually riding the dam thing..

i dont want to say it yet but that should be the end of this 3 year story :clap: :clap:
Good shots Rob :thumbup: 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

pimp your ride this section is for.

well im gona add. burn your b8stard to that section..

well as the miles went on it had good days, bad days and shite days.

today it decised to be so bad popping and banging and getting one, without me doing a single thing to it in weeks :redface :redface :redface

i tortured myself again with 3 sets of carbs and jetting all over again, different sets this time id bought and borrowed...

and i can say its running worse now than ever :Finger: so back on with its own carbs and ............................it hardly even runs..

so ,and this has been coming for a while but not only do i hate this bike but its quite frankly turned my guts about bikes full stop ffs..so to save me burning the b8stard its been broken up into chunks and put outa me sight until i decide how to get rid of of or use bits of it to get some money back outa it...

the yellow one is ready to go if i can be arsed filling it with oil which atm i cant :eek2 :eek2 ..

so suggestions ? not put away and come back to it, iv no interest in that. if you were in my boots what would you actually do with it?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Leave it tucked away as an investment. Value unlikely to fall, quite possibly will rise. Forget about it for the summer.

Get a small fun bike and enjoy the summer. Try a 390 Duke or similar. It puts a different feeling into your head. Use the yellow one for the odd fast ride.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)