a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
StormyRob

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by StormyRob »

Fabio

I think this is the day.

I'll pop down later with a trailer and 200 quid mate

Scrap value now and 200 is generous.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Same as KermitLeFrog said. Tuck it away out of sight but safe and dry then buy a VFR. I'll likely have one for sale in September :wink:

Bicycle is the other solution. They never go wrong and you'd be a proper good climber once your thighs have filled out.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:01 pm Same as KermitLeFrog said. Tuck it away out of sight but safe and dry then buy a VFR. I'll likely have one for sale in September :wink:

Bicycle is the other solution. They never go wrong and you'd be a proper good climber once your thighs have filled out.
last time i rode a bicycle i broke more bones than id ever done on a motorbike lol..

well the dirty deed is done, its broken up now and put into boxes marked, bits, expensive bits and turfed outa me sight.. :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sad day indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:wtf:

Sorry to hear this news mate. Why break it. Surly it would be better to sell as is. I can't help feeling you are making a rash decision again though and will regret it later. Tuck it away and forget about it or why not face the fact that you are lost with it and take it to a good bike mechanic with diagnostic equipment to test things. I can't help feeling there is something electrical going on a it's intermittent and as far as I'm aware you never have really gone through methodically diagnosing the electrics and instead gone for the old change this and change that method.
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:13 pm :wtf:

Sorry to hear this news mate. Why break it. Surly it would be better to sell as is. I can't help feeling you are making a rash decision again though and will regret it later. Tuck it away and forget about it or why not face the fact that you are lost with it and take it to a good bike mechanic with diagnostic equipment to test things. I can't help feeling there is something electrical going on a it's intermittent and as far as I'm aware you never have really gone through methodically diagnosing the electrics and instead gone for the old change this and change that method.
iv changed everything on the fooker carl.. and i mean everything from pulse coil to caps and plugs and leads, ecu, rec unit, complete loom even and everything iv taken of it iv then tried on the yellow bike to test it, and every single part has worked on the yellow bike. :eek2 ... i even went to the hassle of removing the entire electrical system of the yellow bike and planting it on the blue one, complete, down to the plugs and ,it was still the same..

its also worth more broken in bits then selling a broken bike lol... i will see how i feel in a few days and decide what to do with it. i prob know this bike better than anybody as iv had every nut and bolt in my hand at some stage,, the one winter i dont touch the engine/carbs/electrics is the winter it decides to screw up on me..... i could leave it as a garage queen but thats as much use to me as a chocolate fireguard :clap: .

its got that bad this time you couldnt even get the thing to run on a dyno, i managed to get home by pushing it up the street with the tickover turned up in first gear......
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

incase iv missed anything or iv went blind ,what iv changed over the last say two months.
complete loom
large and small ecu boxes x3
plugs x3
coils leads and caps x3
pulse coil x2
kill switch x2
battery x2
rec unit x3
ingnition switch x2
earth strap x2
nautral switch x2
sidestand x1
fuses and holders
starter cable x2

non electrical
carbs x4. and each set had each combination of jetting fitted
inlet stubs x2
all new vac lines
petrol tank and petcock x3

plus everything that makes a motor run lifted of the yellow bike and set onto it,, also anything removed was also tried on the yellow bike and it didnt effect in in anyway,

that only leaves one thing i havnt changed, the engine??? the reason this bike is different is because of the engine and how it goes.. im not gona go down the route of taking the yellow bikes engine out and end up with two piles of broken bike..

thats a lot of work to have been through in two months for no improvement and a lot of time wasted actually.

oh and 4 or five weeks ago i forgot id a compression test done and it was showing as healthy.
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Ignition switch ?
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

All I have left is a sticking valve.
:confused
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Something to take your mind off leccy problems....

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Ahh but you havent mentiond if you checked the 'outside double ended whatchamacallit flange guide dodah valve thingy.' *

With out that how do you expect it to run corocktly.

* Technical term obviously
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Don't do anything silly Rob you've spent a lot of time and money on that bike.Put it all away for the time being and enjoy the yellow bike this Summer.There's a long Winter coming and what better time to have another go at it.After all it doesn't have to be finished all at once,relax,chill out,think about it,you will get round to getting it done at some time.Just look at how long Duffy took with his fighter,and now he's more than happy. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

alanfjones1411 wrote:Don't do anything silly Rob you've spent a lot of time and money on that bike.Put it all away for the time being and enjoy the yellow bike this Summer.There's a long Winter coming and what better time to have another go at it.After all it doesn't have to be finished all at once,relax,chill out,think about it,you will get round to getting it done at some time.Just look at how long Duffy took with his fighter,and now he's more than happy. :thumbup:
Love the last line ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Ha Ha,

I laughed when I read that last line.

Fabio,

Like you have been advised,

Sit Back, Relax and enjoy the Yellow one for a while.

The Blue one is special mate .

If you sell it you will regret it.

Cheers from Oz, go for a ride on yeller, always works for me . :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:06 am Don't do anything silly Rob you've spent a lot of time and money on that bike.Put it all away for the time being and enjoy the yellow bike this Summer.There's a long Winter coming and what better time to have another go at it.After all it doesn't have to be finished all at once,relax,chill out,think about it,you will get round to getting it done at some time.Just look at how long Duffy took with his fighter,and now he's more than happy. :thumbup:
Wise words from Alan I agree, so make sure you take note Rob :)

Chris.