a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

well had it out a good run today. i counted my chickens and tho not quite as bad as before the same problems back. changed all the diaphrams in th tank and carbs but no better :eek2 ..

pretty it may be but i cant see me getting on with this anymore, to make things worse if possible it then fell of the stand 8O .. might sound wrong but i havent even the heart to pick it up lol..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Stop being a teenager. Go pick her up, rub or the dirt and put her away for 1 week.
When you calm down, think about what you have not checked as suggested here. 're think then think again.
You have put far too many hours into her to let her suffer.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Pick it up- it might have fixed it😊
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:12 pm Pick it up- it might have fixed it😊

it can go fuk its self tony :lol: :lol: :lol: il drag it out tomorrow and see what damage has been caused. the rope just broke today im afraid...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Argh man I thought it had fixed itself :( Your letting your anger and frustrations get in the way of thinking straight which is understandable but grumpy is right. Put her to the side for now and go and work on the lathe or something. Stick you head elsewhere and come back to the bike in a few days and start at the beginning and go over the basics. But I would also suggest getting a multimeter out checking the pulse generator at the ecu end. Somebody mentioned about the block of wires behind the tank too which was smart thinking. This is pointing towards electrical as it fixed itself and now it's back as if there is a loose / dodgy connection somewhere. And electrics can be the worst to track down.You need to be methodical and meticulous which is impossible if your getting frustrated with it.

Chin up mate, have another bear....that will help :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

FECKING bastid bikes,

You know what the problem is Rob?

you have pampered and spoiled that blue one too much, and now it thinks it is a supermodel and is getting all temperamental. It's acting like an ungrateful mistress, and it's down to you to stop her becoming a bunny boiler,
so you have to remember 2 things:

First, remember how good she is to ride when she has a smile on her face.

Second, put her in the garden shed and stop taking her photo all the time, once you stop being all needy, she will come back to you..
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I can't remember, does your new tank seal to the top of an open airbox?
The seal may have been disturbed or damaged if so.
And as Al says, try a different wiring harness.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well i slept on it..

so started with a clear head and i thought a clean sheet.. took the bike apart until i had a chassis, and an engine, nothing else ..

one at a time i checked everything that makes a motorcycle go forwards. i swapped the entire loom to start with to rule out lecky problems, i also swapped ecu ,coils, ignition switch etc from the yellow one. i then swapped all the petrol end inc carbs pipes tank etc again from the yellow one, i then tried the yellow bike and its going great,as it was before i took anything of the bike.

the blue one i then started, it ran straight away, it ticks over ,it blips nice and goes like sh1t. not off a shovel just like sh1t. again bottom end ok, the very top end ok, the bit in the middle crap, doent matter if its cold,warm or what temp its running.

its not mixing oil with water. or the other way round. iv great compression because i checked that two days ago, it sounds sweet as a nut outside the 80% of the rev range thats sh1t.

the pops and bangs have came back tho not as bad as before, it will trundle along all day at 30 mph but when you rev it, its as if the flowl bowls are getting eptied, you then splutter until you slow down and it kinda gets filled up again, enough to allow putter along mode.. tried two petrol tanks, vac lines. everything that runs on the other bike infact.

i havnt tried a pulse unit yet as i have one on the way but i just dont see it being that. it feels like a fuel problem.. the choke used to clear it but now it kinda helps but not as much as before..

stumped ,so its been covered so i cant see its ugly fishy face. :thumbup:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Kind of silly question, but havent read any mention. Are carbs balanced? And do you run always the same configuration of jets and needles?

Other than that I feel like there can be some problem with incoming air, but I believe this is multiple-checked.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:58 am Kind of silly question, but havent read any mention. Are carbs balanced? And do you run always the same configuration of jets and needles?

Other than that I feel like there can be some problem with incoming air, but I believe this is multiple-checked.
iv tried 3 different sets of carbs on the bike and tried each on the yellow bike aswell and they seem to work well on it?

but, as if to run salt into the firestorm wounds this evening when coming home from work on the yellow bike. it started to get a splutter and a miss just off idle :Mad3: :Mad3: not like the other one but needed clutch slip to clear it or it wouldnt go.. it only happened when it got warm otherwise it was fine ish

this is starting to wear fuking thin i can tell you :eek2
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

That is fine, carbs are balanced to the engine on yellow one. But blue one is different. Remember that carbs are not balanced itself, it got signals from engine.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:56 pm That is fine, carbs are balanced to the engine on yellow one. But blue one is different. Remember that carbs are not balanced itself, it got signals from engine.
one good thing is, i can do a carb swap now in about 20mins flat iv done them so often... iv a pulse generator coming at some point as its the only thing i havent changed so far ,so when i get the will up to someday try that and redo the carbs and see if that makes any difference to it
:thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I don’t understand. Am I missing something? How can you swap carbs off a std firestorm and expect them to run okay in they tuned beastie of yours?
Surely you need to swap to the proper jetting and needles to make it work or it will run like sh1t in the midrange and poorly at top unless the main jet is close , then at least it might be passable
Get everything back to how it originally was, cleaned to within an inch of its life and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:49 pm I don’t understand. Am I missing something? How can you swap carbs off a std firestorm and expect them to run okay in they tuned beastie of yours?
Surely you need to swap to the proper jetting and needles to make it work or it will run like sh1t in the midrange and poorly at top unless the main jet is close , then at least it might be passable
Get everything back to how it originally was, cleaned to within an inch of its life and start again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
each time i swapped the carbs over i took all the blue bike jetting,mains,pilots,slides out etc so really all i was doing was moving carb bodies, i did try a standard set on aswell. they felt slightly worse but i wanted to try them.. not to worry tho il come back to it im sure.

the yellow bikes splutters ,iv found the problem with it.. i had fitted new plugs the other night to it and when i tried its old plugs back in to start the process all over again it ran fine :o . one of the new plugs must have been a duff one, old yellows flying again so thats good news. :thumbup: :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Have you calmed down yet. I'm sure I saw you taking some time out at the grand national at the weekend. There was few wee people there. LOL
==============================Enter the Darkside