a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

kenmoore wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 pm Looking good mate .

If you ever get the top fairing off could you take some pics of the headlight setup ?

I love the look of the offset light.
no problem i will indeed..

ok the problem was, the bike ran great with its cowl and mori donkey, then started spluttering and missing and playing up... that was then found to be a cracked valve seat... so end of that story,

enter new donkey as a doner to keep the miles down on the good motor, everything from it went into the blue bike. apart from one single thing, the carb cowl :eek2 . i mean a cowls a cowl isnt it?, i removed the mori stacks thinking maybe they caused it, the hrc ignition box, blocked the dori mouth up, ran it without a fairing tried everything but it still missed and spluttered, if anything worse than the tuned motor so i was left with two motors ar one point feeling the same but one caused by the valve seat, and one with air feed problems of some sort which i didnt understand until honestly by pure fluke the tuned motors cowl happened to be sitting beside the standard one :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 only then didi realise it was the only thing i hadnt fitted from the doner.......sweet jesus lol.

but iv fitted it, its grand, i removed it and put the tuned donkeys one on, and run like crap, doner one back on, back to running great...

iv seen loads of vtrs dont even have the cowl but this engine, with these stacks, ignition and pipes wants a untouched cowl,,, and im good with that..

im nearly loving it again ffs....it became a war in the end, it won the battles but i won the war, and again today after work went another rip and its flying :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

thelens wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 pm The frustration of engine problems and being unable to locate what the problem is can drive you insane lol
On the bright side.... at least it was not a major problem, once found :D
Plus.... what a fantastic looking machine !
I would want that thing running too lol.
its only the fact of the hardship and two years standing in the mancave freezing mu balls of making flywheels to pay for it that kept me from burning it :lol: :lol: :lol: this wasnt a big buget build, it was a Richard paddy who found a scrapper in a container and wanted to make something different :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i win ya blue baaasdardo :clap:
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:52 pm
thelens wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:45 pm The frustration of engine problems and being unable to locate what the problem is can drive you insane lol
On the bright side.... at least it was not a major problem, once found :D
Plus.... what a fantastic looking machine !
I would want that thing running too lol.
its only the fact of the hardship and two years standing in the mancave freezing mu balls of making flywheels to pay for it that kept me from burning it :lol: :lol: :lol: this wasnt a big buget build, it was a Richard paddy who found a scrapper in a container and wanted to make something different :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

i win ya blue baaasdardo :clap:
You are very talented indeed :lol: heaven only knows what you could do with a big wad of cash then :x
The bike looks a million dollars. Orange County .... eat your heart out lol
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:49 pm
kenmoore wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 pm Looking good mate .

If you ever get the top fairing off could you take some pics of the headlight setup ?

I love the look of the offset light.
no problem i will indeed..

ok the problem was, the bike ran great with its cowl and mori donkey, then started spluttering and missing and playing up... that was then found to be a cracked valve seat... so end of that story,

enter new donkey as a doner to keep the miles down on the good motor, everything from it went into the blue bike. apart from one single thing, the carb cowl :eek2 . i mean a cowls a cowl isnt it?, i removed the mori stacks thinking maybe they caused it, the hrc ignition box, blocked the dori mouth up, ran it without a fairing tried everything but it still missed and spluttered, if anything worse than the tuned motor so i was left with two motors ar one point feeling the same but one caused by the valve seat, and one with air feed problems of some sort which i didnt understand until honestly by pure fluke the tuned motors cowl happened to be sitting beside the standard one :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 only then didi realise it was the only thing i hadnt fitted from the doner.......sweet jesus lol.

but iv fitted it, its grand, i removed it and put the tuned donkeys one on, and run like crap, doner one back on, back to running great...

iv seen loads of vtrs dont even have the cowl but this engine, with these stacks, ignition and pipes wants a untouched cowl,,, and im good with that..

im nearly loving it again ffs....it became a war in the end, it won the battles but i won the war, and again today after work went another rip and its flying :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Thanks for that explanation Rob :clap:

That all makes sense to me, really pleased you got there in the end :thumbup: and that you are almost actually enjoying riding the bike again :wink: :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

@thelens,,, i wish i had a big budget but kids and house seen to that, i used or modded or machined what i could, plus im a weirdo and like to make things so its my bike not a cheque book bike :thumbup:

@ chris... im nearly able to say it was all worth it lol :clap: :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:00 pm
:lol: steady now Rob :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:34 pm
fabiostar wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:00 pm
:lol: steady now Rob :lol:

Chris.
lmao yeah true lets not get drunk on it just yet.. :lol: :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well no major changes after last years bollox :eek2 . polished the frame up, tidied a lot of stuff up under the bodywork.

but

hit on a nice set of fresher blade forks with WP internals.
healtech quick shifter, a game changer i have to say.
and got rid of the mustard belly pan.

and its running the best so my nerves wont be anymore wrecked :) :)

its done, for the 457th time..

and in other news found an old picture of myself at the NW200 waaay back in the 80s sometime lol....

it was cool at the time :eek2 . elsie 350 with tuned motor, TZ pipes and carbs and a simpson bandit lid .sweet jesus :lol:

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

what a catch you were back then :D

the LC looks huge
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

No cct's to worry about then, only three moving parts, and one of those was your hand.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

blame covid, im bored so yesterday.

this new blur storm i bought, needed a good set up but once done i realised it really had a monster midrange for a standard storm engine wise which got me to thinking.
the airbox setup on it, standard gutted airbox, i believe a dynojet kit in the carbs, those 3d printed intake stacks and performance foam filter, i wondered what it would be like on old dori, so i had to try it,
i lifted the lot from the new one and planted it onto dori :eek2 .
well it doesnt need a dyno to tell me it has just giving me a hell of an improvement in the midrange, pulls a lot cleaner and harder through 4 to 7k and hasnt effected any other areas so thats a result, free horsepower cant be bad.

the dori setup i just lifted it complete onto the blue one, i kept the alloy stacks to the side and used two standard honda shore stacks on it and its going the very best :thumbup: .

so iv dori going better, the blue one seems to be going the same from what i can feel so maybe the tuned motor is able to use the new bikes freer flowing setup better, god knows and im left with a set of nice alloy stacks to make ashtrays out ot :lol: :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Good work Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:39 am blame covid, im bored so yesterday.

this new blur storm i bought, needed a good set up but once done i realised it really had a monster midrange for a standard storm engine wise which got me to thinking.
the airbox setup on it, standard gutted airbox, i believe a dynojet kit in the carbs, those 3d printed intake stacks and performance foam filter, i wondered what it would be like on old dori, so i had to try it,
i lifted the lot from the new one and planted it onto dori :eek2 .
well it doesnt need a dyno to tell me it has just giving me a hell of an improvement in the midrange, pulls a lot cleaner and harder through 4 to 7k and hasnt effected any other areas so thats a result, free horsepower cant be bad.

the dori setup i just lifted it complete onto the blue one, i kept the alloy stacks to the side and used two standard honda shore stacks on it and its going the very best :thumbup: .

so iv dori going better, the blue one seems to be going the same from what i can feel so maybe the tuned motor is able to use the new bikes freer flowing setup better, god knows and im left with a set of nice alloy stacks to make ashtrays out ot :lol: :lol:
See you can't leave nothing alone Rob :lol:

All joking aside that is very interesting :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

it was a swap that i could just reverse if it hadnt worked but i wanted to know being the nosy type, and have to say those 3d printed stacks are bloody impressive, they are both the same length, slightly longer than the longer of the alloy stacks so im thinking thats what has given me the midrange boost, a lot better in the usable 4 to 8k type range.

Rob
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Get some more printed up fella

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project