a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
kenmoore

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by kenmoore »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Have you replaced the ignition lock and ignition wiring ?

Your problem is giving me a headache so I can only begin to understand what it is like for you Fabio.

Keep going mate.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

kenmoore wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:55 am I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Have you replaced the ignition lock and ignition wiring ?

Your problem is giving me a headache so I can only begin to understand what it is like for you Fabio.

Keep going mate.
its giving me more than a headache :lol: :lol: but to answer you yes iv changed that aswell from the doner bike.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Shite,

Get me some Aspirin.
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

kenmoore wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 pm Shite,

Get me some Aspirin.
its on the long finger, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally long finger :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ok i think the story has ended.

mori engine running like shite blah blah, all sorted.

enter new doner motor. running like sh1t, changed everything loads of times.

but today i fitted a new to me set of very standard handa carbs.... i even treated them to new mains and pilots just to rule them out..

bit of an uneven tickover but revving grand. iv still to balance them so that wont be a problem... took it for a spin and.
much much better. but still not how it should be, so scratched my head for a while and had a stare into space... it was then i looked at the carb cowl that sits under the tank from the doner bike, seemed different to the one i had fitted, and indeed it was , the one iv had has at some point had holes enlarged in it, and a bit cut away..

nothing to loose and it wont change anything but fitted it anyhow,,

i now have a completly different bike :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 how the fuk??? its revving, no bogging, no nothing except going like stink....

no way can this really be over a lump plastic????

but its running bloody great, im gona balance the carbs and im not going near the horrible baaastid thing ever again.

whatever it was, stand up whoever said a while ago about that shroud, a mystery i might never understand.

THE END.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:52 pm ok i think the story has ended.

but today i fitted a new to me set of very standard handa carbs.... i even treated them to new mains and pilots just to rule them out..

bit of an uneven tickover but revving grand. iv still to balance them so that wont be a problem... took it for a spin and.
much much better. but still not how it should be, so scratched my head for a while and had a stare into space... it was then i looked at the carb cowl that sits under the tank from the doner bike, seemed different to the one i had fitted, and indeed it was , the one iv had has at some point had holes enlarged in it, and a bit cut away..

i now have a completly different bike :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 how the fuk??? its revving, no bogging, no nothing except going like stink....

but its running bloody great, im gona balance the carbs and im not going near the horrible baaastid thing ever again.

whatever it was, stand up whoever said a while ago about that shroud, a mystery i might never understand.

THE END.
8O 8O

I'm not going to say a thing yet, as when I did last time, the next thing it was back doing it again. I'm going to wait to see how it is once you've balanced the carbs and run it out on the road a few more times.

Micky was one who mentioned the shroud iirc,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Got me fingers crossed for you Rob.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i just find it hard to believe a bit of plastic can cause what iv had and it was proper bad but, il get around to putting some miles on it and that will tell the story..fair enough it now has a set of carbs on it thats not been fitted before so maybe it has been sorted :thumbup:
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

:clap: :clap: :clap: well done, fingers crossed it’ll stay running nicely for you and you’ll go out and enjoy it again
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Result :clap:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

I find it had to believe too. Not because 'Honda knew what they were doing' but because mine has never had one. Even when I got it as a standard engine with DJ kit, filter and exhaust changes it ran fine. No issue on part throttle and no hesitation through the rev range.

The ex race frame I have is plated up where the shield would be but it's running an open airbox and I was running that with a standard frame and no shield before then too. It ran crap on a part throttle after all the work but that was solved with a carb mod. A shield hasn't been near mine. 8O

Saying that Beef told me his was running badly on part throttle openings and his Dyno guy had a shield. Before and after runs showed the shield fixed it.

There's got to be way more going on than just 'they run sh1t without the shield'.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I’ll reserve judgement until Thursday.
It might have just changed to a Friday bike but time will tell
Fingers crossed but I still hold a healthy handful of doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

im with you lads, i just dont see how it can have fixed what was a bike that was un rideable to a bike going perfect???? maybe the carb change has had more to do with it, i dont know.. before this engine went in i never had a cowl on it and the yellow bike never had one in 6 years and it ran great but,, fingers crossed.. :thumbup:
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

THE END.
I seem to recall having suggested this very thing... anyhow, am stoked you got it figured out. Now, you have some bike enjoyment to catch up on :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mik_str wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:39 am

THE END.
I seem to recall having suggested this very thing... anyhow, am stoked you got it figured out. Now, you have some bike enjoyment to catch up on :)

you did indeed sir, have an internet beer or ten on me :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: