a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

this thing of mine when you get off a constant throttle is flying high up but roll of a little and it starts popping and banging and feels like its running outa petrol. whack the throttle and its a bit slow to respond then away it goes fine again. il have a look tho just incase.

i had it ticking over and sprayed easy start all round the carb stubs and didnt change revs so iv no air leaks .
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

The running well at full throttle does make things a bit odd.
The rest of the symptoms kind of point to the pulse generator dying at an inappropriate moment just to cause you grief but shouldn't clear up at high revs.
Though you might want to run through the tests if you can....
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Isnt there any mechanical problem between buterflies and throttle? Seems strange and unlikely, but it is one of few things staying untouched when changing tank and carbs.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Well the pilot jets look after the bottom end and the main jet looks after the top end.
Could there be a leak in the vacuum circuit to the carb diaphragms???

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's sounding more like the vacuum not opening the fuel tap properly.
Check that there's no blockage in the vac spigot coming off the heads.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Personally I do believe you have covered everything in the fuel system\carbs multiple times and might be time to focus on electrical\ignition issues at this point. :?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i changed coils,plugs ecu, pulled every singe electrical connection apart and checked and cleaned them..

i then tonight had a doner bike that arrived and i took carbs,tank etc of it, put them on the blue one, put all my blue stuff onto the yellow bike, the yellow one is flying and the blue useless piece of sh1t didnt run further than the end of the street before stopping this time. :sad2 .

im afraid atm it wins, thats 3 sets of carbs,3 ecu units,coils. petrol tanks.anything i can remove from a bike to another bike has been done 3 times and its none the better. pretty it may be but its of no use to me im afraid..

now to decide what to do with it?
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Have you given Roger a call? Worth a chat before you decide to dive into the engine. I can't see how it's not something it's ingested since before the new tank went on it was all good. Have you got a borescope?
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 pm Have you given Roger a call? Worth a chat before you decide to dive into the engine. I can't see how it's not something it's ingested since before the new tank went on it was all good. Have you got a borescope?
il maybe get around to it nick but at the min if i even look at it il take a gallon of petrol to it :clap: so its made its way to the garden shed were i cant see it for its own safety :clap:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:31 pm iv checked everything on the bike for the last 5 days. changed carbs,tanks. petcocks, coils,ecu leads,rec unit,battery. i mean everything that makes an engine run iv changed at least twice :eek2 ,,,iv run outa ideas lads...
fabiostar wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:20 pm i changed coils,plugs ecu, pulled every singe electrical connection apart and checked and cleaned them..

i then tonight had a doner bike that arrived and i took carbs,tank etc of it, put them on the blue one, put all my blue stuff onto the yellow bike, the yellow one is flying and the blue useless piece of sh1t didnt run further than the end of the street before stopping this time. :sad2 .

im afraid atm it wins, thats 3 sets of carbs,3 ecu units,coils. petrol tanks.anything i can remove from a bike to another bike has been done 3 times and its none the better. pretty it may be but its of no use to me im afraid..

now to decide what to do with it?

What about the Pulse Generator, have you checked it with a multi-meter or swapped this :?:

I thought someone else mentioned the Pulse Generator, but I haven't found that post after a very quick look,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Compression test as it’s easy to do and eliminates something in the valves
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:09 pm
What about the Pulse Generator, have you checked it with a multi-meter or swapped this :?:

I thought someone else mentioned the Pulse Generator, but I haven't found that post after a very quick look,

Chris.
8) :beer:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

as yet i havnt changed the pulse unit.. i went as far as checking the valve clearances and got the lend of a comp tester and alls good at the big lumpy engine end..

the only thing thats good if you can call it good is since using the yellow bikes carbs its got worse,which kinda points to fuel again..

one other thing it wont start on choke, if you pull the choke its slows the turnover of the engine.. but two choke cables on 3 sets of carbs cant all be broken? iv checked many times, not liking choke you would think would point to to a rich condtion yet it takes the choke once the engines warm and running bad which points to a lean condition :eek2

can you see why this is driving me nuts :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i dont want to count my chickens but see my other thread :D :D :D :D :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:00 pm
sirch345 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:09 pm

Chris.
8) :beer:
:thumbup: I thought it was you, but could I spot it, no :crazy: . I have just gone straight to it now :thumbup:

Chris.