a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
MacV2

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by MacV2 »

Apparently he's been cleaning it with wee...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

and seems to be missing extra brace

Moriwaki race vtr thread > http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php ... 45#p243744
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ay the internal bracing is correct but as you say the wee bit at the top of the frames not there. im gona have a chat with Roger Ditchfield and see if he can throw some light on the subject of just how many of these spondons really are out in the world. the rearsets got swiped of it at some stage thats why mine are different..

after having a good snoop round the bike and cleaning of some of the years of neglect its in better order than i first thought :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Roger Ditchfield wrote:Hi Guys, In this thread there has been several references to the "ears" in the Spondon frame. This the story. The development of the VTR was originally given to Russell Savoury by Honda UK who employed the services of Mick Grant as a consultant. After more than a year the project had failed to achieve too much progress and while I was at the Suzuka 8 hour I was asked by HRC if I would be interested in taking over the project. I agree provided that Russel was happy to do that - which he was. When I took over and uplifted all the bikes and equipment from Harlow I had five modified frames. Enquiries revealed that Spondon were asked to do this by Mick to cure high speed straight line weaving. I then examined the dampers that had arrived only to find that they had been extended between 15mm and 25mm centre eye to centre eye longer than standard of 345mm! IMHO the "ears" were fitted in an attempt to cure a self inflicted problem. As already mentioned in previous posts no ST3 race bikes producing far more power than Russels best of 118bhp ever ran with this modification including mine. The standard frame was modified and I have done this modification on two customer bikes in the UK. I left the Spondon ears on my ST2 Production race bikes purely because they did no harm to the new Revolution suspension set up and the then ACU Minimum Race Weight Regulation for that class allowed then to stay there. If you have a VTR bike exceeding 135bhp I recommend the Standard frame modifications as used on all ST3s
Roger Ditchfield wrote:
The ears were a RS develeopment and were on the frames (5 frames) when I received them. There were originall y six bikes at Russells and one was for Alan Crashcart - sorry Cathcart but this was destroyed when he jumped off it while testing and unfortunately broke his hip or femur
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so is that 5 bikes plus 2 customers bikes then?...

the welding on my ears and the internal bracing look a lot better than a backyard job so im gona try and track down the history of mine.. all the guy told me i got it of was, it was an ex race bike form the mainland belived to have had a mori engine but it pooed itself on the previous own who removed it and sold the chassis to the boyo i got it of who then wanted to street fighter it :eek2 but lost interest and it sat for 6/7 years gathering fur....what a knob lol
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Your spondon was possibly last spotted up for sale in 2013 on gumtree

spondon streetfighter is back > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 38&t=31805

or possibly here

HONDA VTR 1000 with Spondon Racing Frame > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=30734

another but in Norfolk > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=38466

macdee

Post by macdee »

fabiostar wrote:swear da fuk lol... how hard can it be to get pics to sh1t bucket from facecake???
Technically your still a yellow once you go full red everything will work faster
Nice find good luck with the build
told you not to but oh no you knew better
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Wicky wrote:Your spondon was possibly last spotted up for sale in 2013 on gumtree

spondon streetfighter is back > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 38&t=31805

or possibly here

HONDA VTR 1000 with Spondon Racing Frame > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=30734

another but in Norfolk > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 23&t=38466

this ones been in Galway the last 7 years so god knows :eek2 .

macdee. the spondons were only produced to allow the faster yellow ones to handle lol
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

great find fabio...... :thumbup:
as for thr rearsets, it looks as yours have be replaced at some point, not surprising as they're racebike rearsets. imho they're to extreme for road use, it might not be to bad for you, given your danny pedrosa similarities..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

agentpineapple wrote:great find fabio...... :thumbup:
as for thr rearsets, it looks as yours have be replaced at some point, not surprising as they're racebike rearsets. imho they're to extreme for road use, it might not be to bad for you, given your danny pedrosa similarities..... :wink:
That's the politest way of calling him a short butt I've seen so far! :wave:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Please for you Fabiostar, lots of nice stuff still on it. Shame the engine is standard but that's not a problem that can't be solved. If you can trace back the previous owners through DVLA you might find the previous, previous owner still has some bits left too.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

freeridenick wrote:Please for you Fabiostar, lots of nice stuff still on it. Shame the engine is standard but that's not a problem that can't be solved. If you can trace back the previous owners through DVLA you might find the previous, previous owner still has some bits left too.
I bet all the other bits are in yetis garage !!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lloydie wrote:
freeridenick wrote:Please for you Fabiostar, lots of nice stuff still on it. Shame the engine is standard but that's not a problem that can't be solved. If you can trace back the previous owners through DVLA you might find the previous, previous owner still has some bits left too.
I bet all the other bits are in yetis garage !!
lmao more then likely lol :clap: .

il do a bit of reshaping to the rearsets as i find them a kinda ugly atm....its not gona end up a pin sharp correct mori/spondon.. i want it to end up nice but not going for the girly. i never use my bike look :eek2 . more the look of a race bike back on the roads but only just legal looking. a few we warts and paddock dings as if its just been raced the day before mot :thumbup:

engine wise im hapy with a standard ish engine for now but that no doubt will change..iv had a wee spin on it and the first thing i noticed was the sussies front and back are night and day different from my own :thumbup:
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Very nice.... :thumbup: but, my eyes were first drawn to the colour matched paddock stands...

(Afterall, I have been questioned on here if I'm a bit CDO ?) :lol:

Love that big tank (VFR?) My apologies if it's already been mentioned what it's from - I may have missed that.
fabiostar posted this pic...
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Very nice.... :thumbup: but, my eyes were first drawn to the colour matched paddock stands...

(Afterall, I have been questioned on here if I'm a bit CDO ?) :lol:

Love that big tank (VFR?) My apologies if it's already been mentioned what it's from - I may have missed that.
fabiostar posted this pic...
Possilble a Harris 24ltr job, dont think it's a VFR one as they dont fit very well & leave a huge gap to the frame...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...