a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
freeridenick

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by freeridenick »

Top draw that. Great effort and I can't wait for the PS mag feature.
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

very nice :thumbup:

you will need to get it dirty this summer.(cow sh1t) :D :D
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:26 pm Top draw that. Great effort and I can't wait for the PS mag feature.
Is that Practical Shortarse magazine, for those who are height challenged!!
:lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i cant wait to get it to run :sad2 :sad2 :sad2 b8stard thing has went into a huff since i changed the tank and wont run, splutters and coughs and farting and is near un ridable just because i changed the tank?

has me beat. iv changed everything on the bike, tried another tank,carbs,coils etc and overnight its become useless? lost as to whats went wrong..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Did you or the painter check the inside of the tank for rust before painting/ debris post painting? It sounds like she’s ingested some detritus into those cavernous carbs!
Fingers crossed you chase it down fella
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:15 am Did you or the painter check the inside of the tank for rust before painting/ debris post painting? It sounds like she’s ingested some detritus into those cavernous carbs!
Fingers crossed you chase it down fella
:thumbup:
That sounds most likely to me as well, over spray in the fuel tank.

Just one other thing......................................................................I don't suppose you have fitted the vacuum pipe on the fuel tap on the drain outlet by accident :?: as I'm sure you're aware of this mistake :shh:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv checked everything on the bike for the last 5 days. changed carbs,tanks. petcocks, coils,ecu leads,rec unit,battery. i mean everything that makes an engine run iv changed at least twice :eek2 ,,,iv run outa ideas lads...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:31 pm iv checked everything on the bike for the last 5 days. changed carbs,tanks. petcocks, coils,ecu leads,rec unit,battery. i mean everything that makes an engine run iv changed at least twice :eek2 ,,,iv run outa ideas lads...
Not much left you haven't checked then.

What about:-
(1)Kill switch or ignition switch :?:
(2)Vacuum pipe split or holed if you've not changed these :?:
(3)Bad earth :?:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:11 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:31 pm iv checked everything on the bike for the last 5 days. changed carbs,tanks. petcocks, coils,ecu leads,rec unit,battery. i mean everything that makes an engine run iv changed at least twice :eek2 ,,,iv run outa ideas lads...
Not much left you haven't checked then.

What about:-
(1)Kill switch or ignition switch :?:
(2)Vacuum pipe split or holed if you've not changed these :?:
(3)Bad earth :?:

Chris.
ah iv tried those aswell Chris, checked them then changed them for spares i have :sad2 .... has sickened me to be honest, spent the rest of the day going over it again and still nothing so the bodyworks been torn of it and chucked in the loft to save me taking a hammer to it lol
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:57 pm ah iv tried those aswell Chris, checked them then changed them for spares i have :sad2 .... has sickened me to be honest, spent the rest of the day going over it again and still nothing so the bodyworks been torn of it and chucked in the loft to save me taking a hammer to it lol
Rob mate please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you need to calm down a bit, you're most likely missing something because you're not thinking rational due to your frustrations, which I can fully understand.

Take a break, come back to it when you've chilled out a bit, I can't help thinking it has to be something stupid that you (and us so far :lol: ) are missing. It will all come good in time,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Is there a little Leprechaun stuck in there somewhere :biggrin

Take a step away and things will work themselves out. As Chris said something has been overlooked and most likely something really silly and so obvious that your looking past it. My guess is it's vacuum related. what about tank vent / breather.
==============================Enter the Darkside
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

It also might be time to have someone come by and take a look. A second set of eyes might be a big help at this point. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

8541Hawk wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:07 pm It also might be time to have someone come by and take a look. A second set of eyes might be a big help at this point. :thumbup:
Hear Hear, well said :clap: . You can't beat a second pair of eyes.

It's helped me out may times when I've been stuck & had tunnel vision :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i hear what your saying lads :thumbup: :thumbup: ..

i did go out this evening and pretty much stripped the thing to its bones and started from scratch again. electrics and non carb related items went through with a fine tooth comb, every single connection on the loom cleaned and put back. its not a lecky problem, it just doesnt feel like it but its ruled out again..

carbs again both set pulled to bits, set out on paper and put together again as clean as two new sets, both sets have very different jetting in them, one standard,the other with the setup thats been running fine, just to see if any difference could be felt.

choke cables changed, vac pipe checked but seems ok but to rule it out changed from a running bike...

started fine,ticks over real nice, blips the throttle fine, runs like crap.

second set with standard jetting tried, again fired ,ticked over blipped well. quarter throttle fine then again felt exactly like the other set :eek2

both sets if you pull the choke out on a constant throttle its helps it a lot. on full throttle its flying but between gear changes its laggy and slow to respond. plugs are a pretty normal brown colour?

two petrol tanks also used but no change.

iv another bike coming down tomorrow night and im lifting the entire fuel system with tank of it to try.... if that doesnt work?? then it gets ugly lol :thumbup:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Have you checked there's nothing stuck in the valves? I had a problem on a track day that turned out to be a sliver of carb rubber that must have been partially cut off when fitting the carbs. Half way through a session it stopped raving past 5k and felt dead. I thought I'd dropped a valve or something serious.

I pulled the whole lot off but couldn't find anything binding or valves that looked bent. A torch down the intake showed something on top of the valve. It wasn't magnetic and I got it out with a telescopic magnet tool with a bit of grease on the end. Whacked it back together and it was all good.

It was too big a sliver to pull through but must have been holding the valve open or something. I assume it was finally pulled free with hard raving. Stationary in the paddock :eh: :eh: it seemed OK but I didn't rev it past 5k. Sounds similar.