a bit of spondoness.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
fabiostar

Re: a bit of spondoness.

Post by fabiostar »

excuse the wheel colour, im halfway through that job.. first day out with the new motor,Rogered forks and new discs...excuse me for saying but. i fooking love my bike :biggrin :biggrin

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well the guy on the right likes it. Looking good fabs :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

It is actually not looking worse with yellow rear wheel, maybe better :)

Can you please share airbox and exhaust configuration you have? Gutted lower airbox, what filter, and is it lidless or with full cover? Exhaust pipes are oem?
Varastorm

Post by Varastorm »

Like Stephan, I too think it looks brilliant with the odd coloured wheels.

One can only wonder how Honda could of stolen the show back in the day if had produced such a bike, shame.

Excellent Fabio you've done a cracking job.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

cheers lads :clap: . im kinda coming round to the red/yellow wheel mix.its odd but the whole bikes kinda odd anyhow :lol: .

@Stephen.. exhaust is mori links and cans, the headers are oem with the welds ground away just were they meet up with the engine and at the rear just were the links join the headers..
airbox wise the snorkel at the front has been removed and the hole has been cut about another 30mm bigger all round. makes a great noise on full chat.. the filter is a K&N...i forgot to check the jetting on the carbs that came with the bike, i just cleaned them and put them on so carb setup is as per i got the bike....

its also running a cbr600 fuel pump. it came with the bike so i just transfered it with the engine and carbs,

now the one thing drives me up the walls is flat spots in carburation and i have to say this thing pulls of the bottom and from the riders view it has no flat spots and revs nice and clean. theres a bit of popping and banging on the overun but after checking the plugs (bit old worldy) they are a nice light tan colour.. whoever done the carbs/filter setup has done a fine job..

right now if i was a dog? id have two Richard :beer: :beer:

its handy cause i have the yellow bike which i know is a proper fit engine to compare it with. iv hopped of one onto the other back to back and ,it makes the yellow one feel flat and i know its not the slowest storm .
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

excellent, thanks for info :)

I don´t care the jetting, as this is different for each bike, especially with modded engine.I stopped tuning my bike during the summer, as this year I´ve been more into bicycle enduro riding (uphill and downhill), but I am going back. Currently still struggling with rich settings in mid range, pipes arrow and gutted airbox with no lid and KN filter. My next pick will be probably custom slide springs, as overall I am satisfied with top power and don´t want go back to oem pipes with leo vince cans or airbox with lid.

Be happy you don´t have to sort out things like this :)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i did try a few different lids i have, one with holes drilled in it, one with the top cut out of it but ended up going with the airbox that came with the bike. forgot to say all the pipes and the expansion bottle that are in a normal airbox have also be taken out of the airbox... :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm excuse the wheel colour, im halfway through that job.. first day out with the new motor,Rogered forks and new discs...excuse me for saying but. i fooking love my bike :biggrin :biggrin

No wonder you're in love :lol: another crackin' photo Rob :thumbup: I like the unusual tree lined road. A very good back drop.

I think the yellow back wheel fits in very well with the rest of the bike, I'm sure it's not slowed it down that much :wink:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:47 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:15 pm excuse the wheel colour, im halfway through that job.. first day out with the new motor,Rogered forks and new discs...excuse me for saying but. i fooking love my bike :biggrin :biggrin

No wonder you're in love :lol: another crackin' photo Rob :thumbup: I like the unusual tree lined road. A very good back drop.

I think the yellow back wheel fits in very well with the rest of the bike, I'm sure it's not slowed it down that much :wink:

Chris.
i think the yellow added 20 bhp lol :eek2 . that road is from the set of Game of Thrones..so im told iv never seen it
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Chris.
i think the yellow added 20 bhp lol :eek2 . that road is from the set of Game of Thrones..so im told iv never seen it
:lol: if that's the case everybody will be painting the back wheel yellow, including me :thumbup:

A crackin' bike on a famous road too, just to much :cry: :cry: ...............................that's tears of happiness,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:49 pm
fabiostar wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Chris.
:lol: if that's the case everybody will be painting the back wheel yellow, including me :thumbup:

A crackin' bike on a famous road too, just to much :cry: :cry: ...............................that's tears of happiness,

Chris.

and the fav testing place of the Dunlops for years bless them. i can just imagine both of them ripping up and down there on TZs with a fag hanging outa the mouth... we also took a we test lap of the Armoy road race course while up that way :Bike: :Bike:
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

Your bike looks amazing :clap:

How have you done the front light? I've just got a set of track fairing and want to mount something similar to this in mine. I was looking at projectors.

Also, have you fitted some type of support under the seat with the track fairing? I was thinking of putting a bar across the subeframe to rest on.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Steve6088 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:27 pm Your bike looks amazing :clap:

How have you done the front light? I've just got a set of track fairing and want to mount something similar to this in mine. I was looking at projectors.

Also, have you fitted some type of support under the seat with the track fairing? I was thinking of putting a bar across the subeframe to rest on.
the headlight is actually a lefthand NC30 unit. and it sits into a length of drain tube that is the right dia.i cut a hole in the fairing and shoved it through.fiber glassed behind it and put two little L brackets on then cut the bit sticking out the front and moulded it to the fairing. il dig up some old pics of it if i can find them.

and the seat bolts on to a new cross member behind the tank and two mounts high up at the rear. the seat is a cut and shut GSXR K1/2 seat unit...i have a storm single seat unit here with moddified subframe i may fit over next winter.

the seat unit and headlight were a complete pain in the hole to be honest :wtf:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so iv finally settled on yellow wheels.. for now :D

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

little bit more mancavery time with the blue girl..

the steering dmaper was spaced with a shitty thing. couldnt really notice it but i knew it was there so the wee lathe got more use.

nice little alloy number made up.

and thankyou to a certain mori collector on here it would have been rude not to polish these up and use them..my world in the flesh they feel great..

in you go ladies...started it and it sounds different from before :biggrin